matte nail polish coat

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
i am having the worst trouble finding a matte top coat to put on my nail polish! when i went to ulta, the salesperson had never even heard of it and i found nothing of the sort at target. anyone have it and know where to get it? thank you!

Replies

• iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    Sephora or Walgreens!
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    just saw a bunch of different brands on Amazon
  • christine24t
    Options
    thank you both so much! i didn't think of buying online or sephora!
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I definitely got mine at Ulta... it's Essie brand and the bottle is packaged in a small box instead of like all the other nail polishes. I love it... especially on glitter nails!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I use Nail Envy Matte finish, it is kind of expensive but it is awesome for helping strengthen nails. I think you can use as top and bottom coat.
  • christine24t
    Options
    I definitely got mine at Ulta... it's Essie brand and the bottle is packaged in a small box instead of like all the other nail polishes. I love it... especially on glitter nails!

AH I am so mad! the lady acted like she had absolutely no idea what i was talking about!!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    and while we are at it, i took my acrylic nails off a couple months ago for work and i cant find a polish that stays on more than two days. any ideas?
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    Annabell, use a base coat and VERY thin coats (they stick better than one or two thick coats). I also usually buff my nails a bit to get a good bit of surface. China glaze is a good one!
  • annabellj
    Options
    where do you get that china glaze?
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    and while we are at it, i took my acrylic nails off a couple months ago for work and i cant find a polish that stays on more than two days. any ideas?

The shellac manicure is awesome...comes off really easy with acetone and my nails feel as hard as acrylic tips! Lasts awhile too..2-3 weeks. It grows out. Highly recommend!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    my nail salon had it (essie brand i believe) and they did a dark cherry/black color on the whole nail then painted all but the tip in a revers-french fashion matte. This left all but the tip shiny...it looked SO Awesome...like french manicure but with a twist!
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    E.L.F. (eyeslipsface.com) has a matte nail polish topcoat for $2.00. I haven't tried it, but I'm hoping to soon!!

@Annabel... China Glaze can be found in a lot of places like Ulta and Sally's Beauty Supply. I don't think that that brand specifically is best for their staying power. Mostly, if you just do a base coat, thin layers of color (wait between layers until the previous coat is completely dry!!) and some topcoat, you should be good to go for AT LEAST a week with any polish!
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Ooo BUMP
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    E.L.F has one for only $2, let me see if I can find the link.
    http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/nails/elf_nail_polish/matte_finisher_clear_nail_polish
  • annabellj
    Options
    my problem is my hands are in water all day long if i am working with doing dishes. so i dont know if any polish will stay! but i hate the way my hands look as i had nails on for over 20 years!
  • annabellj
    Options

The shellac manicure is awesome...comes off really easy with acetone and my nails feel as hard as acrylic tips! Lasts awhile too..2-3 weeks. It grows out. Highly recommend!
    can you get that done at any salon? never heard of it
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options

can you get that done at any salon? never heard of it

i was totally about to suggest this. Mine only lasts 2 weeks (never the full time that they promise) because i'm in water a lot. but it is a lot stronger and wont chip. Most salons can do it but watch out, you have to put your hands under a UV lamp to let it set so put some sun screen on your hands a hour or so before going. Its a bit more expensive (35 versus 25 for a norma mani at my place) but is worth it! You can also get the stuff to do it at home at Sallys if you like it.
  • annabellj
    Options
    if i do that i might as well get the darn nails put back on! i loved them and didnt have to maintain them at all except to get fills
  • annabellj
    Options
    sorry i kind of took over the original post!
  • christine24t
    Options
    my nail salon had it (essie brand i believe) and they did a dark cherry/black color on the whole nail then painted all but the tip in a revers-french fashion matte. This left all but the tip shiny...it looked SO Awesome...like french manicure but with a twist!

that is cool! the manicure i'm looking to do is the reverse of that, but that sounds awesome too may have to try that!