Does Site Calulate Calories Burned for Strength Training

Options
I entered all my Cardio and my Strength Training, but my report does not reflect how many calories I burned Lifting Weights only for cardio. Am I missing something??

Replies

• lisamgould
    lisamgould Posts: 68
    Options
    I entered all my Cardio and my Strength Training, but my report does not reflect how many calories I burned Lifting Weights only for cardio. Am I missing something??
  • Prissymissy1984
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing
  • lisamgould
    Options
    I know, its not like we are not burning calories lifting weights, and by building muscle we are burning calories, so I am confused.
  • wenjenaz
    wenjenaz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think the calculations for calories burned during strength training on this site are bogus. I use this site to help me out:

http://www.fitwatch.com/database/searchexdb.html

Hope that helps!

PS - I think the Strength Training area where you can input your weights/reps/sets is just for keeping track of your exercises (as you said it doesn't calculate calories burned). If you go to the Cardiovascular area just above it and do a search for Strength Training it will output the amount of calories you burned in that area (just like it does for cardio), but I don't think it's that accurate.
  • machonregier
    Options
    Under 'Cardiovascular' you can search for 'strength training' and then enter your time.
  • lisamgould
    Options
    I will look into it!! Thank You!!
  • lisamgould
    Options
    That looks better!! Thank you for the help!!