✰˚ ˛★Holiday Temptations?? It's Ok to enjoy✰˚ ˛★

Options
I know we all are Probably Struggling just thinking of all the Holiday Goodies and Ect. There's so much temptation, you may think your only option is to either throw in the towel and eat yourself silly or go home and lock yourself inside until January.
You can enjoy yourself without blowing your healthy diet with the right attitude. It's OK to treat yourself and even cut down on exercise if you need to, but you'll enjoy yourself more if you don't eat yourself into a coma and completely ditch your workout routine. Use these strategies to avoid getting sucked into a holiday eating frenzy.

Don't let the buffet table win! To deal with the temptation of High calorie party foods, first give yourself free reign to choose from everything on the buffet table. When you restrict certain foods, you may find yourself fixated on them, which leads to overindulgence. Allowing plenty of options will help you make intelligent choices about what you'll actually eat, thus freeing you from worry, guilt and extra pounds. We can prepare for holiday functions by do some of these which I am doing as well ;)
•Eating something before the party so you're not starving
•Giving yourself time to peruse the buffet and have some water before you dig in
•Deciding what and how much you'll have before you fill your plate
•Choose things you can only get this time of year (i.e., you can always have potato chips -- why waste good calories on that?)
•Avoiding liquid calories by limiting the number of alcoholic drinks you have and by drinking a big glass of water between drinks.
•Enjoy every bite knowing you indulged yourself without going overboard

Now For Our Exercises, as we all know When we get busy, exercise is usually the first thing to go. Instead of stopping altogether, there are ways you can reduce your training without losing all that you've gained. Studies show that you can maintain muscle by doing 1-2 strength training sessions a week. You can also maintain your stamina, even if you have to cut down on your usual cardio workouts. Use these strategies to maintain your fitness level:
•For lifting weights, concentrate on doing compound movements that work more than one muscle at a time. Try this Compound Movement Workout.
•Do half of your usual cardio sessions, but maintain the intensity you normally achieve or work even harder.
•Even better, if you reduce your cardio time, up the ante by going faster or by doing interval training.
•Mix it up with circuit training. This allows you to fit it all in -- weight training and cardio.
•If you're too tired to do much, try yoga or Pilates which will keep you active and relaxed.

Just don't Beat yourself up if you go a lil over during the Holidays .. Remember The trick to making it through the holidays without guilt is to stay in control: Be conscious of your eating and exercise choices. Everything you do is always a choice (even if it doesn't feel that way), so knowing the consequences of your decisions will help you enjoy the holiday season. For example, if you do end up eating more and exercising less, know that you'll probably gain a little weight but, if you know to expect that, you'll be ready to deal with it when the party's over.

Just Wanted to Share and Let you know that Noone is alone on the fight against all the Holiday Temptations, But we can stay in control and enjoy the Sweet Treats along with the holidays.. Love you all Bunches!!!

✰˚ ˛★*Happy Holidays!✰˚ ˛★*
~Rachel~

Replies

• daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Very good advice - thank you!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    great tips.
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Where were you last weekend! lol, i am fighting all the sodium bloat from last weekends party! The scale and i are NOT friends right now....lol
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I Love your post. being tempted today on sweet goodies at home. It help a lot for me to understand on how to control my eating. Thanks for this.
  • Jayman37
    Options
    nice tips fo sure thank u ;)
  • 38meanie
    Options
    Great advice! I just had this mental struggle a few weeks ago but realized as long as I got back on the band wagon with the exercise and watching what I ate and to not have too many high expectations of myself this holiday, that I can splurge a bit and its ok! Yesterday was my birthday and I went on a bit of a nostalgia kick and wanted fast food which I have not had any in many months. I exercised as usual and was able to relax and enjoy it. As long as it was for the one day...I was good. Now I will kick it in high gear between now and Christmas so that I can indulge when family friends and treats will be around...Merry Christmas to everyone! :)
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Love what you said about the interval training.... My Grandmother is in town until New Years, and I was feeling bad about ditching her to workout tonight (Expecially since everyone in the house works all day, so she's alone. :( )
    I will just wait till she goes to bed, then push really hard for less time!
  • sweetheart37
    Options
    just what i needed to hear thank u :)
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks...good words!!!
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    I agree 100%. I refuse to tell myself I can't have any of the goodies from this time of year, but don't want to eat myself silly. Someone gave me some fudge yesterday as a gift....I ate 2 small pieces and called my mom to come get the rest :) Thanks for the advice!
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Great Post...Im sure everyone needed to hear this including myself lol :laugh:
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rachel....with you I feel like I have a personal cheerleader...always pushing for me to be and do my best! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Carol