Couch to 5K

Options
2»

Replies

• loseramy68
    Options
    I really don't have room for a treadmill. I think I'm just going to wait until spring.

I absolutely despise winter, but have been forcing myself to run outside. I think I actually prefer it to the warmer weather, believe it or not! Once you get going, it's amazing how quickly your body will heat up. I wear a beanie on my head and gloves, and layer clothing underneath my coat. My husband still can't believe I go out 3 nights a week in this Iowa weather, but honestly, it feels good. You should give it a try.
  • PeculiarButterflyy
    Options
    Welp! I did my first C25K workout last night on the treadmill at the gym and I completed it!!! Surprisingly, it didn't "hurt" so bad. :) My next workout will be tomorrow morning. FYI - I'm using the 5K Runner, Start Running iPhone App by Heavy Duty Apps - its awesome!

Good Luck, Ladies!!! Keep up the good work and don't lose your motivation!
  • PeculiarButterflyy
    Options
    Congrats on staying in there!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your answers. I don't do phone apps so I guess I may print out the schedule and try to follow it. I have been jogging on my own....just what I can do in the middle of walking...which is similar I guess to the program except I don't use their times...but for someoone like me who is extremely overweight and just needs to move then I think I'm doing good. I would like to be able to run a distance though...but don't really have anywhere to run right now except around my house.

Good luck to all!!