Controlling yourself

Options
hi i go to school and its very hard for me to say no to my friends when the offer me food becuase theirs look yummier than the healthy food that i am eating and i jut want to eat everything that they offer me .. do u guys have any tips that you think could help me??

Replies

• shasha613
    shasha613 Posts: 9
    Options
    hi i go to school and its very hard for me to say no to my friends when the offer me food becuase theirs look yummier than the healthy food that i am eating and i jut want to eat everything that they offer me .. do u guys have any tips that you think could help me??
  • Mriv
    Mriv Posts: 30
    Options
    Keep an image in your mind of what you want to achieve, what you want to look like. Think of that when your tempted and if you believe in a higher power, ask them to give you strength.

Good Luck,
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    I echo what the post above says but will also add the following. Continue to eat unhealthy and lets assume get very little extra exercise - the pounds will add up more after the years. And as you get older - it gets harder for them to come off. I wish I had had the opportunity to do it at your age than waited to get it done at my age. So if you want to do this now, get in your mind a picture of what the outcome will be and go for it. One of mine rewards is a whole new wardrobe. I started in size twenties and my closet is getting bear - I am down to a 14 - 16 and still would like to lose at least 20 pounds
    Good - Luck with your decision
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Sorry cupcake, you're just going to have to get some steel in your spine and say "no." Let them eat junk--you're supposed to be putting good things into your body. Let your friends know your goals and ask them not to offer you junk.

And trust me, resisting temptation is a muscle that THRIVES under use. It will be very easy to say no once you simply start.

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.