I'm over on sugar and it's only breakfast

Options
NurseMisty
NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
It says I'm allowed 25 g sugar. I had raisin bran:grumble: Now I'm over by 3 g already. Is this number low or do I need to get my act together?

Replies

• NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    It says I'm allowed 25 g sugar. I had raisin bran:grumble: Now I'm over by 3 g already. Is this number low or do I need to get my act together?
  • Astrogirl
    Astrogirl Posts: 18
    Options
    Same thing happens to me - once I eat my Rice Krispies in the morning I'm already over my sugar. I don't pay too much attention to it anymore, especially since I'm still losing weight anyway. It does seem low though...
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Hey how are you yeah I just try to go by the daily intake recommendations on sugar, and i try to stay away from high fructose corn sugar and instead try to get it from fruits that are naturally sweet not by fructose, It is a such thang as bad sugar vs good sugar just like carbs, I try not emphasize on it to much :drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    raisins are pretty high in sugar so that's probably your culprit. I generally try to keep my sugar under 40g a day, which I read somewhere is about the max. you should have. As long as most of your sugars are coming from natural sources, like fruit, I wouldn't worry, unless they are excessively high everyday.
  • Jill42MN
    Jill42MN Posts: 35
    Options
    I am looking for a good book with all the listings of calories - anybody have any suggestions of where to find one? And not a huge one - a small one that could fit in a purse.
    Thanks!