SUPPORT PLEASE!

Options
hello, my name is brooke and i am 5"10 and i weight 180. my goal weight is 160 pounds and i have been struggling to achieve this goal. I think i have a binge eating disorder and no matter what i do i cannot stop myself! help me!

Replies

• Butterfly3730
    Options
    Welcome Brooke. I'm new too. We CAN do this. I will send you a friend request.

13605498.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shawneez75
    shawneez75 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brooke!

I would be more than happy to support you and motivate you in anyway I can...

I have been binge free for 30 days! The day I joined MFP! Logging everything I put in my mouth and what it was costing me health wise and the support from others has helped me...

Reaching out is the first step.
    2nd is giving the process a chance to work.
    3rd BELIEVE that you will and CAN do anything!

MOST IMPORTANT...you are worth the effort!!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brooke! Be conscientious of your eating and you will find you can do it. Good luck!
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I think logging your food will help with this. The more consistent you are with logging your food the more conscious you become of your eating habits and what types of food you eat.
  • jmoyerta
    Options
    Brooke,

I think you've taken a huge leap to just admit what you need to change. I have a very hard time at night after a very stressful day and I put my kids down. Does anyone have any ideas on avoiding the late night binges/snacks??

Hang in there,

Login and post anytime-

Jen
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hey Brooke,

I'm in the same boat (5'9 /upper 170's). While I tend to do well during the first half of my day, I have blown it with my food intake in the evenings. The weekends have been especially bad! I'm working on this as well trying to log every single bite, even if my diary sucks! It helps me stay accountable, and I think I've improved a little bit!! Just give it some time, be sure to log EVERYTHING you're eating and drinking!
    I have faith that you will reach your goal... I've got 20lbs to lose myself, and it's seemed impossible. When I actually try, I start to see progress, so it's helpful to stay consistent with eating right and exercise as much as possible.

Good luck to you! You can do this!!

Nikki
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day
  • ThenTheresChad
    Options
    Im like this too, I just can't stop.
  • Samanthasaurus_
    Samanthasaurus_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been there and struggle with this as well. Feel free to add me! I wish you the best of luck!
  • Leonie51
    Options
    Hello Brooke i am new to this as well so we can do this together and help and encourage each other so I will put a friend request.:flowerforyou:
  • CanadianMomma
    CanadianMomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Brooke, I'm new to this as well and have some of the same issues. I think we could definitely help each other with support.