This is easy.

Options
I can't believe how easy this is. I wish everybody knew this secret about burning more calories than you consume.

Replies

• galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I know!!!!!!! I cant believe nobody told me this secret years ago!
  • 4HealthyMe
    4HealthyMe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The principle is easy, but the application of it is not.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    With all the time and money that people put into various diet programs and supplements, it does seem deceptively simple, doesn't it?
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! For many years I've said that I just couldn't lose weight no matter how hard I tried. I was convinced I had thyroid issues, though my tests never showed that I did. I was perfectly healthy...just very overweight. I think the key thing for me was not looking at it as a diet. There is no short term about this for me. I had to embrace this as my new way of living. And now that I have, I couldn't be happier! I am still 40 (or more) pounds away from my goal, but I feel GREAT! I only wish I had discovered MFP earlier!
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    yeah dude, wait until you got 10-15 pounds left ... you will be wondering, "why the hell is this so hard!" lol

seriously, the beginning is easy, but the last lap is really tough, your body changes too much and you flat out plateau.

but i agree ... this is the easiest and purest way to lose weight. makes me wonder why anyone would do anything else.
  • whip67
    whip67 Posts: 32
    Options
    The execution of the plan is the most difficult part. What has made me successful is:

1) Tracking calories and being very conscious of what I'm eating throughout the day. (Thanks MFP!)

2) Eating several times a day, knowing that no food is off limits and saving calories for the latter part of the day.

3) Exercising and having the incentive of getting more calories to eat.

I do have about 34 more pounds to lose and I realize that it is harder if you have less weight to lose and fewer calories to work with. However, I haven't had headaches and felt weak like I did on previous "too low calorie" diets. A calorie diary is the best thing to keep control of your weight. Kind of like keeping track of how much money is in your bank account.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I agree. Never in my life have I used any sort of dieting pills and the weight is almost all gone lol I can't believe I'm a size small now :D
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I'd call it "simple", but far from "easy".

Certainly it's easy to play the game for a few weeks or even a few months and successfully shed pounds or "maintain not gain" (if you're at goal weight).

What's hard is doing it consistently for the rest of life.
  • whip67
    whip67 Posts: 32
    Options
    I started at 268 and have been at it for about three months. I've lost 34 pounds so far. I like the feeling of control I have by knowing how many calories I have for the day and how I'm using them. I enjoy eating a lot more because I'm not just mindlessly eating whether I like the food or not. You're right. Forever is a long time. But you'll have more calories when "maintenance" time gets here. Also, the motivation to exercise is there so you can have more calories to eat. That's another thing I've learned from joining MFP is that it doesn't defeat the purpose of your exercise to eat! Good luck in your life change! You're going to be successful and you'll get to enjoy your life a lot more!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I originally started at 342 lbs. I am here to work past the 6 month plateau that I have been in. I am around 200 and just stick there. I started tracking everything better and paying closer attention and drinking water. (lots and lots of water) I have 45 to go, but I know I will get there!