20+ days

Options
Dannielle. So I downloaded MFP to my phone when I got pregnant almost a year ago. Ive used it on and off but finally I have decided I needed to do something about my weight and health so I started counting everything. Here I am and its been over 20 days, Im feeling good and actually have been losing weight. Im still struggling with finding the motivation to exercise. I am looking for some friends on here who keep me accountable and I will gladly return favor. I need to set small exercise goals and stick to them. If anyone is interested please add me, I would so appreciate the help!

Replies

• bunsonburnerson
    bunsonburnerson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined up today and also need to lose the baby weight. I think I just woke up a few days ago saying enough is enough! I would be happy to be a motivator. I need one as well :) I started walking with my son, and also doing taebo. What is your exercise of choice?
  • dmmclean
    Options
    I usually stick to walking jogging on an incline or the elliptical, I have been trying to do some pilates to work on my core... ughh but like I said Im finding it hard. Id like to get my fitness levels up over the next month or two so that I can try the 30 day shred that everyone's always talking about on here. What about you? what are you goals?
  • bunsonburnerson
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to get down to about 145-150lbs. Right now I'm trying to get through this taebo video, 47 min long, without stopping. It's so hard. And it doesn't help that my husband thinks Billy Blanks is cheesy and he complains the whole way though the video. I used to go to the gym when I was younger but I just have trouble finding the time with my little guy. But I loved the elliptical!
  • dmmclean
    Options
    I totally understand, finding time to exercise with a little one is super hard. I'm lucky enough to have the treadmill and eliptical here at the house so I try to use it at night when Lucy goes to bed. I was 146 when I got pregnant, 187 when I delivered. My goal is 140 and I really need to tone up. We can do this! How often are u working out? What about calories? :)
  • bunsonburnerson
    Options
    I'm trying to do something everyday. At least walking if nothing else. For now I'm allowed about 1,700 calories according to my goal weight on here. In way of support what works best for you?? I know I need someone to encourage me to keep going. Maybe just talking about our accomplishments for the day? I live a little far from some of my closest friends so It will be nice to connect with someone online for support!!
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day
  • dmmclean
    Options
    Thank you, you too :) I like the name, ProZack. thats funny.
  • dmmclean
    Options
    I think for me if I set like a goal for the week and I discuss it with you, then I would feel more like doing it and then like you said we could catch up on what we accomplished for the day?
  • lynnonamission
    Options
    Adding you for motivation. Welcome to MFP. I'm lynnonamission on here!