Honeybaked Ham

Options
-Worth the cost? I grew up having them for Christmas dinner as a kid, but now seeing that the ham itself will be about $60.00, wondering if any spiral cut ham will do. (Thinking Costco.)

I am kind of a food snob, so keep that in mind. :)

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Frankly, if you don't buy expensive food for Christmas, then you'll never do! Go ahead if you can afford it!
  • ladyprofaz
    Options
    They are NOT the same.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    -Worth the cost? I grew up having them for Christmas dinner as a kid, but now seeing that the ham itself will be about $60.00, wondering if any spiral cut ham will do. (Thinking Costco.)

I am kind of a food snob, so keep that in mind. :)
    Nothing compares, and people who've had the best will notice.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    I eat ham occationally and when i do buy some, it's always surrano, now that's being a snob :wink:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If you can afford it, then spring for it. But don't break the bank for it.
  • gregorydh
    Options
    I just bought a Costco spiral cut ham, and it's good... but not as good as the Honeybaked ham.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I wholeheartedly believe that the Honeybaked Ham is worth it if you can fit it into your budget. It's definitely a cut above the rest!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Moving forward with the Honeybaked! -Good memories! :)

Thanks to all who responded! :)
  • carrie145
    Options
    I LOVE Honey Baked hams. Fortunately for us, my husbands work gives them a gift certificate to The Honey Baked Ham store every year for Christmas!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I eat ham occationally and when i do buy some, it's always surrano, now that's being a snob :wink:

Serrano is def YUM, I think that would be a problem for me with leftovers... -And I don't think that kids would appreciate it, which would be such a waste... -And now I can't think of anything else.
  • irtlw
    irtlw Posts: 1
    Options
    You can get a Honeybaked boneless ham or quarter ham for less than $30 depending on the weight. It's a great choice if you are getting one for 6-8 people. The boneless taste the same to me as the typical half ham and they are easier to use in sandwiches. If you need the bone for soup, the quarter ham usually has a bone. Also, they freeze and thaw well.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I bought one for Thanksgiving, they ended up giving me a larger ham than I ordered for the cheaper price... it was awesome!!! We had so much left over that I froze some, we've already gone through our freezer stash.. it was that good!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I love Honeybaked Ham - I don't want any other now that I have had that!