healthy pregnancy advise needed

robsgal
robsgal Posts: 50 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, so I"m about 4.5 months pregnant and gaining too much, i've already gained around 15 or more pounds, i'm just eating way too much so I need to cut back a bit. I'm also trying to exercise about 5 days a week. So far it's still pretty easy, I'm really not showing yet so I'm not off balance.

What exercises did you do when you were pregnant, we really don't have any prenatal fitness classes here in town so I'm limited to what I can do at home or in the gym.

What advise do you have about eating? I been trying to choke down vegetables but I'm sick of them and I've just wanted pasta and bad fattening food (cookies, cake, too many crackers, lots of cheese, basicall lots of comfort foods etc...), for some reason I've been eating healthy for so long I'm just sick of everything that's healthy. Eating has always been my issue, exercise comes easier.

Thanks for the advise gang. I'm 37 and already worried the weight won't come off as easily as it would if I was younger. I worked so hard to loose 35lbs I just don't want that struggle again but I know it comes with being pregnant so I should relax, but it's stressing me out. I just want to prepare myself for October when I can start getting back on track and maybe it won't be as hard, luckily I like exercise and it's part of my social life around this small town where I still don't know a ton of people.

Replies

• robsgal
    robsgal Posts: 50 Member
    Ok, so I"m about 4.5 months pregnant and gaining too much, i've already gained around 15 or more pounds, i'm just eating way too much so I need to cut back a bit. I'm also trying to exercise about 5 days a week. So far it's still pretty easy, I'm really not showing yet so I'm not off balance.

What exercises did you do when you were pregnant, we really don't have any prenatal fitness classes here in town so I'm limited to what I can do at home or in the gym.

What advise do you have about eating? I been trying to choke down vegetables but I'm sick of them and I've just wanted pasta and bad fattening food (cookies, cake, too many crackers, lots of cheese, basicall lots of comfort foods etc...), for some reason I've been eating healthy for so long I'm just sick of everything that's healthy. Eating has always been my issue, exercise comes easier.

Thanks for the advise gang. I'm 37 and already worried the weight won't come off as easily as it would if I was younger. I worked so hard to loose 35lbs I just don't want that struggle again but I know it comes with being pregnant so I should relax, but it's stressing me out. I just want to prepare myself for October when I can start getting back on track and maybe it won't be as hard, luckily I like exercise and it's part of my social life around this small town where I still don't know a ton of people.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    I just started getting into yoga (i'm still very new to it) but they seem to have several pre-natal yoga dvds to do at home... that might be a fun alternative!

Can't help you much with the eating part... you might want to look up some new cookbooks for healthy eating. Amazon.com usually has a great selection! If you spice up the healthy stuff it might get you back on track. You really just sound bored! Hope that helps!
  • lyshpeach
    lyshpeach Posts: 14
    Hello
    I'm not sure what your weight issues have been in the past or what your weight is right now but it is perfectly normal to have gained 15 lbs at 4.5 months pregnant. If you are an average sized woman you need to gain between 25 to 35 lbs during your pregnancy. If you were overweight at the time of conception you should only gain 15 to 25 lbs. And if you are underweight you need to gain more. However; assuming you are an average sized woman, you are in the normal range for weight gain during this time in your pregnancy.
    Stay positive and remember the miracle you are bringing into this world. Breastfeeding does wonders and allows you to burn the extra weight you put on during pregnancy. I believe it is important to be healthy while pregnant but you must think realistically about the weight gain during pregnancy.
    Take care and stay healthy and you should be great!
  • healthiesthappiestme
    healthiesthappiestme Posts: 29 Member
    Hi there. I would really recommend going to a site that is designed for pregnancy. This site is geared toward weight loss and is not where your head needs to be right now. communicating with other women who are going through this very thing right now is a truly wonderful thing. There are so many sites out there (like babyfit.com) A google search will bring up lots of them. there is one that will show you pictures of what your baby may even look like right now. Good luck in the pregnancy. I remember all too well the urge to just eat high carb sugary foods. Hang in there! You're doing great.
This discussion has been closed.