Morning or Night.

Options
I have a question. What's everyone's opinions on working out in the Morning or the Night? I was trying to go in the morning because It would be easier than having to come home and do it, but now I'm not sure, I wake up two hours before I normally would. I think I might switch back to nights, What do you think is easier?

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I like going in the mornings. I started because my gym was really crowded i n the evenings, but I found it works well for me. That said, it took a while to get accustomed to getting up earlier (and going to bed earlier). I'd say give it a few weeks to a month before you decide whether it really works for you. Also, I find it's a lot easier if I pack my clothes and food the night before, that way I don't have to worry about those things in the morning when I'm still half asleep.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    The easiest time to workout is the time you can stick to and be consistent with.
  • nikkih1013
    Options
    I think working out in the morning will give you that extra energy throughout the day so that always helps me! Maybe try breaking up your usual morning routine into one smaller session and then do the remainder half of your routine at night so that it doesn't seem as long and doesn't break into the rest of your routine as much.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    The easiest time to workout is the time you can stick to and be consistent with.
    This.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I've switched to morning workouts (instead of during my lunch). I like that I have more time during my day. I'm slightly annoyed that I'm freaking starving all day, no matter what I eat, though.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    This.

That
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    it's all a matter of personal preference and time. i have zero time at night. mornings are very routine and allow me up to 2 hours to get to the gym and not have to rush. personally, i can't even feel "right" all day w/o my mornings at the gym. i know some people who prefer nights. go when you have time so you will enjoy it as much as possible.
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A lot of people, as I read along, struggle with this hey!! I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.. I don't work until 3pm. I don't like working out in the evening at all, so it works perfect for me. I get in and out of the gym all before noon and I love it.
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    i do morning cos i'm a morning person so i have better motivation in the morning and more likely to put everything into it.
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I workout at night for various reasons. I try to do morning on the weekend when I don't have much to do that day. The only down side to my night time workouts is sometimes I go too hard really late at night and am still exhausted when I wake up the next morn.
  • onehotgirl
    Options
    I do it in the morning or arvo, whatever I feel like on the day. I was planning on doing morning AND arvo today but I have a guest in my house this morning and I feel a little silly doing the 30 DS while they're here so I'll have to do it this arvo.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    This.

That

AGREED!
  • jlpeters77
    jlpeters77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I *hate* working out in the morning...but unfortunately I've found that I'm far more consistent in the mornings. 1. My willpower is better, 2. I'm dead by the time I come home from work and I don't care what kind of deals I make with myself, I just don't get around to working out in the evening, and 3. I feel so great for the rest of the day if I get it out of the way in the morning.
  • Butterfly3730
    Options

Agreed! And for me that is first thing in the morning.

13605498.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter