Quick I need advice

Options
molsongirl
molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
One of my daughters is curently trying to lose weight, I do not eat meat on a regular basis, so im not much help, question, her boyfriend is taking her to the Keg, does she get, sirloin 8 oz @ 542 calories, with bread @ 174 calories and mixed veggies @ 120 calories and tomato with parmesan @35 calories total= 871 calories, she says she plans on one diet coke, then water.

OR does she get terriyaki chiken @370 calories, baked potato @350 calories, bread @174 calories, tomato again @ 35 calories.= 929

her problem is she LOVES steak, but also LOVES potatoes, she is having the bread regardless, because she never eats bread..it is her downfall and because this is a very special occasional she is having it! lol....she has had a huge fruit salad today and a glass of milk, saving herself for dinner..lol, she has done a 1 hour step video this morning as well as a 20 minute pump video. She already logged in both meals and she will be at 1026 for her daily total and 1126 or something for the other, she wants room to be able have a snack later because her dinner is at 4 this afternoon, I think she should get the steak and potatoe, she will not do it, cause that puts her over 1100 calories for one meal..help..anyone

Replies

• molsongirl
    Options
    One of my daughters is curently trying to lose weight, I do not eat meat on a regular basis, so im not much help, question, her boyfriend is taking her to the Keg, does she get, sirloin 8 oz @ 542 calories, with bread @ 174 calories and mixed veggies @ 120 calories and tomato with parmesan @35 calories total= 871 calories, she says she plans on one diet coke, then water.

OR does she get terriyaki chiken @370 calories, baked potato @350 calories, bread @174 calories, tomato again @ 35 calories.= 929

her problem is she LOVES steak, but also LOVES potatoes, she is having the bread regardless, because she never eats bread..it is her downfall and because this is a very special occasional she is having it! lol....she has had a huge fruit salad today and a glass of milk, saving herself for dinner..lol, she has done a 1 hour step video this morning as well as a 20 minute pump video. She already logged in both meals and she will be at 1026 for her daily total and 1126 or something for the other, she wants room to be able have a snack later because her dinner is at 4 this afternoon, I think she should get the steak and potatoe, she will not do it, cause that puts her over 1100 calories for one meal..help..anyone
  • mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    if she loves steak, have her get the steak. if she's worried about calories, tell her not to eat ALL OF EVERYTHING. she could save 300 calories out of this meal by eating just 6 ounces of the steak, most of the sides, etc. tell her to eat what is good for her and portion it to her, not to the size of the plate from the restaurant. it could easily be all the foods she likes, but not too many calories.
  • molsongirl
    Options
    never thought of that, she can cut up the meat right there and the potatoe and share give it to the bf! then she can get the veg as well to help fill her up in case she is still hungry,,,,great advice, I cannot beleive that i didnt think of that! :noway:
  • Jayberian
    Jayberian Posts: 60
    Options
    I agree. Something I sometimes do is ask for a "to go" box after I get my meal, then put half of it in the box BEFORE I eat!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Steak all the way. Its good for her, and she doesn't have to eat all of everything. Eat half, save half for a yummy meal later :)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    this doesn't help much... but I ALWAYS get the salmon at the keg. mmm it's so good!
  • molsongirl
    Options
    this doesn't help much... but I ALWAYS get the salmon at the keg. mmm it's so good!

lol, I can relay that to her, the only fish she eats, is the kind by captain high liner :laugh:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Best thing about eating out while maintaining a healthy lifestyle: you can turn pretty much any meal into 2! Hell, I one time got three meals out of Cheesecake Factory!

Tell her to grab the steak and potato and SAVOR it...just tell the waiter to box up some, maybe even before the food gets there. If that's awkward for her, she can just make a mental note to partition her food early so she's not nibbling at her planned leftovers.

Also, she should have a light snack before she eats, or at least a bigass glass of water or unsweetened iced tea--"saving yourself" often makes you waaaaay hungrier than you should be, and you overeat.

But most importantly...the evening is not about FOOD, it's about her and her boyfriend enjoying time together and growing in their bond. Food is a great accompaniment, as it brings satisfaction and opens the senses, but evenings are ruined when food becomes the primary focus.

So tell her that if she wants to, to just immediately hack off some of the steak, some of the potato, shove it to the side of the plate and don't even think about it until the waiter offers a box.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Tell her to enjoy. Have a big glass of water while waiting for the salad. Then enjoy. If she saves some for later she can have her steak and eat it too:laugh: :laugh:

Oh, I think I am so very funny.

:drinker: :drinker: