calories per pound?

Options
How many calories do u have to burn to burn off a whole pound?

Replies

• TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    How many calories do u have to burn to burn off a whole pound?
  • Maria061
    Maria061 Posts: 118
    Options
    I had read that 1LB=3500calories
  • TANKENEY32
    Options
    WOW!!! THANX!!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    yep thats it 3500 calories=1lb so if you work out 5days a week and burn off at least 700 calories, then you in the buisness:drinker:
  • TANKENEY32
    Options
    IM TRYING.. SLOWLY BUT SURELY.. THANX TO BOTH OF U!!
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    WOW thats a lot never knew that, thanks for the info!!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    WOW thats a lot never knew that, thanks for the info!!

It seems like a lot but you have to remember most of us didn't gain our weight overnight... it took years of being just a little bit over what our metabolism thought was necessary to get where we are. Its kind of like the drippy faucet that leads to the 300$ water bill :laugh:

That's also my big problem with fad diets... it took us a long time to get here, so naturally it should take awhile to get back to status quo.
  • Jill42MN
    Jill42MN Posts: 35
    Options
    It sure is easier to get it on then off huh?? :smile:
  • Maria061
    Maria061 Posts: 118
    Options
    You are right, we don't even know how and it's on. Very hard to loose. I know for me it is. I am in for 6 weeks, lost 4 LB, but staying with same weight for good 3 weeks.
    How I can improve my loosing spree ? You know what I mean, right ? Yes my (weight).
  • Jill42MN
    Jill42MN Posts: 35
    Options
    What works for me is the walking every day and the water I drink. Plus, I have totally changed the way my family eats. We eat well balanced meals, no junk really. Do we eat some junk stuff from time to time, well yeah! But for the most part, tons of veggies and portion control. It sure takes work but I love to see the results!! It will happen for you too! You are on the right track!!!