I'm new

maiasmommy
maiasmommy Posts: 39
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!
I just went to get fitted for a bridemaid dress and it was a huge shock :( They wanted me to order a size 20 dress, which the say is a normal size 16. I didn't realize I had gotten so big. I just had a baby 5 months ago and am motivated to lose the weight.
The wedding I am in, is in September. I ordered the dress in a size 16. I need to lose 7 inches off my waist by September. Is it doable?
Any tips would be great. I have a membership at the gym and will be getting a personal trainer.
I cannot wait to start losing weight and feeling better about myself.

Replies

• maiasmommy
    maiasmommy Posts: 39
    Hi everyone!
    I just went to get fitted for a bridemaid dress and it was a huge shock :( They wanted me to order a size 20 dress, which the say is a normal size 16. I didn't realize I had gotten so big. I just had a baby 5 months ago and am motivated to lose the weight.
    The wedding I am in, is in September. I ordered the dress in a size 16. I need to lose 7 inches off my waist by September. Is it doable?
    Any tips would be great. I have a membership at the gym and will be getting a personal trainer.
    I cannot wait to start losing weight and feeling better about myself.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • knhersey
    knhersey Posts: 1
    Hello, I am new too and getting ready for a wedding. I am actually the bride and I am in a size 20 now. I hope to loose at least 20 pounds by my wedding in August. I will still have a ways to go, but I think that this is a great time to get started.

206998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    I was in that boat jan 2008 I went to my friends fitting and my dress was XXl and that is when I vowed to lose weight went from 166.4 by wedding to 135 by may

so lost 31 lbs and had to get re order my dress to medium and that needed to still be alered really needed small but they were all out of those.

so yes you can do this!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cissycissy
    cissycissy Posts: 4 Member
    I started on this site yesterday myself. That said, I have lost 70 pounds on Jenny. Losing the last 20 has been one plateau after another.
    Suggestions? You've done the hardest part already......realizing you have to do something! Follow your diet plan, get some activity, feed your body along with your mind, and most important .....MOVE! When I started my weight loss journey, I got winded getting the mail. (no joke). I added a block to my walk every Monday and am now up to 5 miles! You can do it!
  • fcornelius
    fcornelius Posts: 6
    Much Love - No Pain No Gain or should I say Loss. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.