PCOS: Celebrating a Victory!!

Options
Alee4nia
Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
Battling PCOS is hard, but today is a day for victory for me. After a total loss of 28 pounds, it seems my hormones are evening out and balancing. For the first time after several months I got my first natural period...yes I am celebrating my period...don't get them regularly!!

For those ladies with this syndrome, you can do this!! Keep going, losing the weight has so many rewards in so many different ways!

Replies

• clairedance
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm on the PCOS boat too... and yes, getting that period naturally is something to celebrate! That is so exciting! You give me hope for me!!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    It is! I had gotten to this point some time ago, and now I am to the point where I dont have to take the aldactone anymore and my Metformin is down to 500mg 1xday instead of twice! I feel waaaaaaay more normal! I cant imagine the difference when I am at a "healthy" weight!
  • Alee4nia
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm on the PCOS boat too... and yes, getting that period naturally is something to celebrate! That is so exciting! You give me hope for me!!

Thank you...yes there is always hope, you will beat this!!!
  • Alee4nia
    Options
    It is! I had gotten to this point some time ago, and now I am to the point where I dont have to take the aldactone anymore and my Metformin is down to 500mg 1xday instead of twice! I feel waaaaaaay more normal! I cant imagine the difference when I am at a "healthy" weight!

So happy to hear you feel more healthier than before, this syndrome not unbeatable, we can do this!!
  • misstanyamarie
    misstanyamarie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Alee4nia
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

Thank u so much!
  • mrswellness
    mrswellness Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yay! that's great.
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    What did you do to lose the weight and manage the symptoms. I'm not taking Metformin, but I've tried to eat lower carb. I've lost some weight, but any pointers/guidelines would be nice.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    woo hooo that is so awesome. women who dont have PCOS have no idea that having a period is a blessing not a curse since they can lead to children...that is awesom!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Congratulations thats a great NSV, it is really great to see the weight loss helping with the other symptoms. It might take us longer to get to our goals but things like this always make it worth it
  • Febes24
    Febes24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i celebrated when i got mine naturally as well.
    Congrats, it only gets better.
    My PCOS has been under control since i started losing weight
  • LetGoLaughin12
    LetGoLaughin12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I hav PCOS and had two natural cycles in about 4 months! Word of advice, don't be disappointed if it's an odd cycle or they aren't every month, your body has a lot of changing to do still!!!!
  • Alee4nia
    Options
    Awesome!!! I hav PCOS and had two natural cycles in about 4 months! Word of advice, don't be disappointed if it's an odd cycle or they aren't every month, your body has a lot of changing to do still!!!!

I totally understand what you are saying...i am celebrating "at least its something rather than nothing"....lol....just happy my body is trying to get back to its normal...
  • Alee4nia
    Options
    What did you do to lose the weight and manage the symptoms. I'm not taking Metformin, but I've tried to eat lower carb. I've lost some weight, but any pointers/guidelines would be nice.

I am currently not taking any medication like Metformin. So far my weight loss is due to limiting caloric intake of 1200 calories and exercising. I started off by eating my exercise calories than I slowly cut down to eating them. Now, if I am hungry I still eat some of them, but not all of them. Watch your hunger, eat when you are hungry. Drink water in between. Choose fruits/veggies over carbs/sugar (I have not had to limit my carbs thus far). Eat small meals throughout the day...it has helped me not to binge eat later on when I am extremely hungry! Most of all, don't give up, keep going...celebrate your small victories!
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I know that is so awesome! It is a wonderful victory. I was shocked when my first natural in years came, and then more surprised when it has kept steady. I hope you have that happen too! Wonderful NSV!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    That is definately inspiring. I also have pcos and since I had my daughter 2 years ago Iv been having periods about every 40 days but appearantly not ovulating : (

im currently on metformin once a day and birth control to help make the cysts smaller so that maybe I can ovulate in febuary or march im ttc

I have gone from 192 to 150 back to 170 ever since I had my daughter... Its been so hard to lose weight and keep it off and im glad to hear of some positive things happening when you lost weight. this really is an awesome victory
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    congrats! Keep up the good work.

I started getting regular 30-35 day cycles finally about 2 years ago. For many years I'd go 2-3 months or more in between. So I hear you on the excitement for your body working right but I didn't mind not having that part of life that often of course 3 months of lining build up is sometimes hellish getting released. Sorry for TMI.
  • MrsCurtisinTX
    MrsCurtisinTX Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I wish my body would do that. I have dropped 60lbs and still nothing but typical spotting all the time uggggggggggggg!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm looking forward to reducing my Metformin and still having regular periods, it's a huge motivator for me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!