Calorie Question: WARNING kinda gross

Options
Just to start out, I do not have an eating disorder and no, this is not a habit. I'm just curious.
Had lunch today and felt very sick afterward. No need for details but, lunch didn't stay down. In this case, would you count the calories consumed? I don't think I'll be eating much more for the rest of the day besides crackers and water but I'm curious what my official calorie count would be.

This is an honest question; I'm not trying to be funny.

Replies

• MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Tht is actually a very good question. Unfortunately I do not have an answer for you but I will keep an eye on this thread to see what answers come up.
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If and when I get sick and don't keep down my food I still log the calories and just know that it's under. Unless you're going to start measuring what you didn't keep down... ugh... lol...
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    When I'm sick like that, I don't bother tracking calories. Just focus on feeling better. One day won't kill you.
  • akkimberly
    akkimberly Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you asked this! I was wondering the same thing. I was super sick this weekend & threw up everything I ate, I ended up just not logging my food that day because I did not know how to log it....
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    When I'm sick like that, I don't bother tracking calories. Just focus on feeling better. One day won't kill you.

Yup yup!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Just to start out, I do not have an eating disorder and no, this is not a habit. I'm just curious.
    Had lunch today and felt very sick afterward. No need for details but, lunch didn't stay down. In this case, would you count the calories consumed? I don't think I'll be eating much more for the rest of the day besides crackers and water but I'm curious what my official calorie count would be.

Yes, you ate it.
    You get no rewards for puking.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options

+1
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I still logged it but made a note in the Food Notes that I'd been ill so therefore it was technically under, since there was no way for me to know just how much had been upchucked
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't count those calories because you're not able to digest them.
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    I definitely don't track when I'm sick. Especially if you're throwing your meals back up.. Your first, and foremost, concern should be getting healthy. Once you're feeling well and eating normally again, then go back to counting calories.
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump
    coz I wanna know!

Pj
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm with Sublimely_Sel, just concentrate on getting better for now. Apparently the BRAT (bannas, rice and toast) diet is good for upset tummies. I hope you feel better soon!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

^^ This exactly. Calories are the least of your problems if you're ill. Rest up!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

Yes, you ate it.
    You get no rewards for puking.
    :indifferent:

Doesn't sound like she's looking at it as a "reward".
  • deannarey13
    Options
    I agree with the others. The last thing you should be concerned with at this point is staying "under calories". Just focus on getting better.
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about the calories... but I might still track the food. Just to see, in case it happens again, if there is common food that might be triggering it.
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I say if you tossed your cookies right after you ate. Then no don't count them. But if you took a bit and digested some. I would say count some of them. (I say that only if it was a one time deal and your not really sick.)
    But really I wouldn't worry about it just take care of yourself. Hope you feel better.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i read somewhere once you absorb like 2/3 of the calories like immedicately after eating. idk if that's right though. either way, it's not a big deal, so don't worry about it.
  • quietpotato
    quietpotato Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The A in BRAT stands for applesauce!
  • JuliePete
    Options
    I'm with Sublimely_Sel, just concentrate on getting better for now. Apparently the BRAT (bannas, rice and toast) diet is good for upset tummies. I hope you feel better soon!

Applesauce fits in there with the "A"