new to the crew

Options
im new 2 mfp and am anxious to get moving. my weight is 2lbs pounds shy of 300lbs so my doc prescribed phentermine 4 me i was wondering if anyone here is being assisted with any type of weight loss aid and if so could you please tell me the pros and cons of marching down this road!! also id like to say congrats to all of you who r working together 2 reach our common goal GOOD LUCK :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 2hot2trot
    2hot2trot Posts: 2
    Options
    im new 2 mfp and am anxious to get moving. my weight is 2lbs pounds shy of 300lbs so my doc prescribed phentermine 4 me i was wondering if anyone here is being assisted with any type of weight loss aid and if so could you please tell me the pros and cons of marching down this road!! also id like to say congrats to all of you who r working together 2 reach our common goal GOOD LUCK :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    *DUCK***
    Just kidden, sort of.....but most posters here don't have any good advice when it comes to diet pills
    Most people here are looking at MFP as a lifestyle change and eating right and working out to loose the weight
    I can tell you from personal experience, phentermine works like a charm...I used it 2-3x in my life
    Problem is, as with all of my gf that also tried it.....once u stop the pills, the weight comes back on
    I also justified it to myself as jump starting my new lifestyle, but in reality they aren't the best option/healthy...and I do think once u stop the pills the weight comes back in

Welcome!
    Kim
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Welcome! Keep posting and drink lots and lots of water each day! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mriv
    Mriv Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome, I agree with the previous post, pills may work in the short term, but what I want, I want for life. And that very phrase says it all. LIFE, that means I need to make a LIFE style change. For me that means food journals, exercise, and motivational web sites like this. That's my two cents.

I wish you the best of luck what ever way you go.
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    :drinker: Be determined to lose, Post often and keep you food diary up. If you Doc wants you have take the pills, then do it. but you must change you habits also. If you don't you will go right back to where you were when you stoped taking them...I wish you well ,and look forward to seeing you post your progress!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: