Im New to this, My goal little about me.

Options
I just joined this yesterday!:) Well, my names Chandler. Im 18 years old, I'm from a little town called Dauphin,Pennsylvania & I was always fit growing up. But every since I moved, and entered a new school my weight rapidly increased, I went from being 175lbs & now I'm 215lbs.So my goal is to lose about 50lbs, Is that to much? or just right? Feel free to add me, Thanks for listening:)

Changed my weight goal from 90lbs to 50lbs.. 90lbs was to much

Replies

• KieshaJewel
    Options
    Welcome, I am new to this too. As far as losing 90 lbs that kind of sounds drastic but it depends on how tall your are. If you are a shorter guy then maybe.
  • ThenTheresChad
    Options
    Im 5'11
    Welcome, I am new to this too. As far as losing 90 lbs that kind of sounds drastic but it depends on how tall your are. If you are a shorter guy then maybe.
  • Prbutterfly124
    Prbutterfly124 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wlecome! I don't think 90lbs is too much at all...just don't try to lose it all right away...take your time and reach little goals to make it possible! Good luck :)
  • kmcka637
    kmcka637 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Calculate your BMI. (you can find a BMI calculator on google). It will tell you a healthy weight range to be in. 90 lbs would put you at 125 lbs which would be underweight!
  • Samanthasaurus_
    Samanthasaurus_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me and we can motivate and encourage each other! =]
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    90 pounds seemed like a lot to me so I used the ideal weight calculator on freedieting.com. It says a 5'11 18 year old male with a medium frame should be around 172-179 pounds. That sounds right to me. Especially if you are adding muscle. 125 would be too skinny for me and I'm a 5'8 female. :wink:
  • Samanthasaurus_
    Options
    I'm not sure why all these people are attacking your goals... You might lose some weight and feel great about yourself before you even reach your goal. Just do what feels right to you.
  • ThenTheresChad
    Options
    I don't look at it as attacking, but I did do some checking & 90lbs is a bit to much, Because the average male thats 18 is 170 & losing 90lbs would put me as 125lbs, & thats to thin.
    I'm not sure why all these people are attacking your goals... You might lose some weight and feel great about yourself before you even reach your goal. Just do what feels right to you.
  • Samanthasaurus_
    Options
    Questioning would have been a better choice! Either way, best of luck on achieving your goal (whatever that may be)! =]
  • ekim724
    ekim724 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    And remember that as you work out you will lose fat and gain muscle. So looking at weight lose vs fat lose is important .
  • Bheller234
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I'm Brandi...i'm also from Pennsylvania. If you want you can add me and i can try to support and motivate you. Goals can change and maybe once you lose 50lbs you can strive for the rest. Sometimes it is easier to try for a smaller goal and once reached increase the goal and keep trying! But like i said if you want you can add me!

Brandi :)
  • kattia1973
    kattia1973 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Go here to find a height weight chart to see what your weight should be for your height. Make sure to look at the men's not the women's LOL.
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't look at it as attacking, but I did do some checking & 90lbs is a bit to much, Because the average male thats 18 is 170 & losing 90lbs would put me as 125lbs, & thats to thin.

I hope you didn't take my post to be attacking or critcal in anyway. I think it's great that you are trying to be healthy. But you said you weren't sure about the goal and it seemed a lot to me so I looked it up. I will do anything help others reach their goal. But I can't mindlessly cheer on the side lines while someone is withering away and dying because they are so obsessed with the number on the scale that they forget what is healthy and what is not. LOL. Not that you aren't healthy. It's just I've seen people on here focus too much on numbers. You'll know what your goal weight is when you get there! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. :happy:
  • jheath123
    Options
    This is a very helpful place and everyone here is really supportive and willing to share tips, diet ideas and exercises. You are in the right place. What's important is to remember muscle weighs more than fat, someone once posted a pic of 5 pounds of muscle and 5 pounds of fat and the fat nearly took up 3 times the space. Point being that you may hit a certain point that you have burned away you fat and now your weight is muscle, but you are way smaller in size. It all plays into hand.....dedication=results, results=more motivation, more motivation=more results. Good luck on your journey stick with it!!!!
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    MY goal is the same as yours I want to lose 50 pounds...This site has reallly helped me so far. The people here are very encouraging and the site as a whole keeps you motivated!
  • jheath123
    Options
    Here is the pic I was talking of 5 pounds weighs the same no matter what it is but the volume is what matters, 5 pounds of gold is worth more than 5 pounds of pennies.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5263/5609856493_7f60e851df.jpg