I will not eat your pickle.

Options

Replies

• JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, forgot olives and oatmeal... I don't care how much Bob Harper talks about how great oatmeal is for ya, the texture just gags me. oh and I don't like raisins either.....
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts and cabbage... and horseradish.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    hot dogs and peas
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers and bananas. I've tried both multiple times, and at this point, just the smell makes me sick to my stomach.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Raw celery unless it's chopped really fine; it's definitely a texture issue, not flavor.

Oysters, just awful flavor, so strong.

And I really don't like the taste, or really the texture either, of blood. (Had congealed pig's blood chopped into cubes at a hot pot restaurant when I was visiting China.)
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Beets.....I just loathe them! I don't like the smell, the fact that they stain whatever they touch, or the fact that I have to cook with them at work all the time. Sick!
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    I HATE peas. I can eat them in like veggie soup when there are just a few but it would be like fear factor if someone put a bowl of peas in front of me and I had to eat them. GAG
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Celery.

I hate everything about it. The look, taste, smell, the stupid noise it makes when you eat it, those gross strings that come out of it when you bite it, and then when you cook it it smells and tastes even worse... gahhh I hate that stuff.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Oysters. Seriously gross. Like swallowing a wad of snot. Also, as my mom is currently cooking liver for the dogs and the smell is nasty, i'll add that too.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    My no foods are aka "Ack"... Cranberries, radishes, water chestnuts, Bell peppers, and Onions. I am allergic to bell peppers and onions as well as garlic, so I try to avoid them anyway but Cranberries are just tooooo sour! I don't like the lack of flavor in radishes and water chestnuts... I can understand why they are used (for crunch or texture) but I don't like them.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I had 3 prior to starting the healthier lifestyle thing: pickles, bananas, and mint

I'll now eat some pickles provided the dill flavor isn't too strong and bananas as long as they're slightly green. The mint thing I refuse to budge on though.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand pickles either; my wife on the other hand loves them. I even had a friend that would drink the pickle juice and I would gag every time.

I LOVE pickle juice! Even more than pickles. But I like pickles too.

Same here!! I love pickle juice! I even use it as a chaser sometimes... ahhh the things you learn in college!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon (I even gag on the smell of this spice), garlic in abundance, gravy and thick sauces ,brownies, syrup, honey, molasses, or anything gooey, cookies in general, specially chocolate chip cookies, and overly sweet stuff.
    I forgot to add lamb.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Celery.

I hate everything about it. The look, taste, smell, the stupid noise it makes when you eat it, those gross strings that come out of it when you bite it, and then when you cook it it smells and tastes even worse... gahhh I hate that stuff.

+1 i forgot celery, and eggs the smell makes me wretch
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Totally love pickles, but the sodium in them is a killer. . . My absolute . . NO WAY food would be escargot!!!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I loooooove pickles - mmmm a nice pickle and cream cheese sandwich would be awesome right now!!!

Sweet!! I now know what i'm making for dinner tonight. :wink:
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Raisins. They make me think of ants. I have no logical explanation for this, but there you go.
    Cottage Cheese. Why would I eat curdled milk?
    Oysters. Tried a fried oyster once. The taste wasn't so bad but the look and texture is enough to make sure I won't ever do that again.
    Blueberries. I like blueberry flavored things but by themselves are just...icky.
    Clams. They make me think of phlegm.
    Beets. They stink.
    Organ meat - I watch stuff on the travel channel about what other countries eat. I know it may make me sound like a spoiled American or whatever but I think, "no you aren't supposed to eat that part of the animal. That goes in the trash." LOL :laugh:
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I can't believe nobody has said cantaloupe! It's the most vile, slimy, disgusting fruit in existence. If it's on my plate, I can't eat anything that's come into contact with it. Blech!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Some foods I definitely hate are:

Sweet Potatoes
    Celery
    Sauerkraut
    Sour cream
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I won't eat seafood...gross! I can't even stand the smell.