culinary festival...

Options
Nich0le
Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
My husband is a chef and today we had a culinary festival to attend for the 3 restaurants. Most of it I can pass on, of course my husband is long and lean and never seems to gain anything so he eats it all. I did pretty good, had a lamb chop, a little salad, etc (everything is bite sized). I did have a piece of vanilla wedding cake, a sliver and I drank a lot of water. I did amazingly well, and only 4 more events over teh next month and 1/2.

Just kept my progress and goals in mind and enjoyed a little and passed on a lot and drank a lot of tea and water, but I still came home and felt the need to run for an hour to burn off that little sliver of cake (it was soooo good, it had to be at least 200 cals in the little taster piece but sooo worth it!)

It is possible to go to big food events and not stuff my face for 4 hours! Oh, that is the lesson I learned today :laugh:

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    My husband is a chef and today we had a culinary festival to attend for the 3 restaurants. Most of it I can pass on, of course my husband is long and lean and never seems to gain anything so he eats it all. I did pretty good, had a lamb chop, a little salad, etc (everything is bite sized). I did have a piece of vanilla wedding cake, a sliver and I drank a lot of water. I did amazingly well, and only 4 more events over teh next month and 1/2.

Just kept my progress and goals in mind and enjoyed a little and passed on a lot and drank a lot of tea and water, but I still came home and felt the need to run for an hour to burn off that little sliver of cake (it was soooo good, it had to be at least 200 cals in the little taster piece but sooo worth it!)

It is possible to go to big food events and not stuff my face for 4 hours! Oh, that is the lesson I learned today :laugh:
  • Baigle2003
    Options
    Wow, not sure I could have exercised the same restraint! Good for you!
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good job! I know I wouldn't have been able to pass very much, except sea food if there was any. My husband laughs at me because I absolutely love food. He eats because it is a necessity. I eat because its a pleasure. When I was a teenager I would wander the grocery store because nothing appealed, but I knew I had to eat something. What's wrong with a little of both!

The cake sounds tempting! Keep on keeping yourself on track, I am impressed.

Leslie
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I am impressed I so did not do that well today. Keep it up:bigsmile:

Baigle- It is nice to see your smiling face on the boards again.