Newbie Here!

Options
Hey all!

Well, I started yesterday...possibly the worst time of year to start, but it's time. I am trying to lose close to 50 pounds to get back to a time in my life when I was healthy and felt great. I'm a photographer, and being fat makes getting on the ground to get that shot a LOT harder! Haha. I'm thrilled to see such a sense of community here!

Brit

Replies

• sydanne33
    Options
    Glad your here! This site has really helped me stay on track. If I'm feeling like cheating, I get on my ipone and type in the calories of what I'm thinking about eating...that is usually enough to make me change my mind!
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

My Fitness Pal has really helped me to stay accountable for everything I eat on a daily basis. You don't realize how much the calories add up until you start to document them all.

The support on this site has also been amazing.... there are lots of great people out there to help keep you motivated! Good luck!! :smile:
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day
  • ThenTheresChad
    Options
    Im new here too! & Good luck I hope you reach your goal:)
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you (and everyone else) for starting NOW and not waiting until Jan. 1st. :flowerforyou: Welcome!
  • Samanthasaurus_
    Samanthasaurus_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new here as well! Good luck on your goals and feel free to add me. We can motivate and encourage one another! =]
  • CanadianMomma
    CanadianMomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany, I joined MFP just recently as well and hope this forum will help me with a sense of support and accountability.
  • Bheller234
    Options
    Hello Brittany, I think it is awesome that you are starting now and not later. If you need support and motivation you can add me and i will help you as much as i can. Being a photographer is a lot of work, I just graduated from college with a degree in photography back in May and i am really trying to get started in my photography career! I wish you the best of luck in you weight loss journey!!!

Brandi :smile:
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm also new! But for reading many posts and topics in the last few days, I know this place will be awesome to keep us on track!
  • charm9
    charm9 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I've only been here a few weeks and I love it, its really helped me think about what Im eating and the support of others is really motivating. Im really pleased I started this time of year. Its so easy to say u will start in january but if you feel ready why wait. Good luck :)
  • ladyshox
    Options
    Hey Girl! Thank you so much for posting and starting this! I need to lose 20-30 pounds but its so incredibly hard by yourself! Hopefully we'll all be able to shed the pounds together!!!!!

Amber: :smile:
  • charly_80
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to be. I have managed to lose 19lbs so far and hope to lose a few more with the help of my MFP friends. Hope it helps you as much as it has me. Add me if you like!!