17 day diet????

Options
has anyone ever tried or know someone who has tried the 17 day diet? i found the book and journal at barnes and noble, and im thinking about getting it after the holidays but i want to know if anyone has seen results with it in that short amount of time. thanks :happy:

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    There have been a few threads about it before. As I understand it, it is several 17-day cycles. You don't just diet for 17 days and you're done.
  • lkidgell
    Options
    i know that it just doesnt end after 17 days. im just trying to get some feed back on how it goes and if people see results from it or not.
  • susanne1959
    Options
    I am starting back on the 1 Day Diet today- was going to wait until the holidays are over but why wait? I saw extreme results and it is easy to follow. I am sure not all people will like it because you do have to count your calories,
  • Vegas09
    Options
    A friend of mine has tried it and she has so far lost 40 pounds.. She has two small girls and doesn't have time to go to the gym so she did work out at home on her wii fit... I believe it tookk her 2 1/2 to 3 months.
  • Jobine1965
    Options
    I'm on the 17 day diet, first cycle day 12 lost 10 lb :)
    It's working for me. I have 50lb to loose. The first cycle is to cleans detox your boddy so you can eat veggies, two fruit, yogourt, chicken, turkey, fish and eggs. You have to get creative an make recipes so you don't get bored of eating the same meats all the time. So far i'm doing grate, feeling mutch better energy is comming back bloating in down so tummy is getting smaller :)

I incourige you to try it and let me know how you are doing if you do try it.
  • lkidgell
    Options
    thanks for all the feed back :) i think i will get it and start after the holidays!
  • cslottje
    cslottje Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've just started the 17 day diet today. I must say it is very difficult going low carb after all those sweets these last few days, I have a slight headache. But I am still very excited, I know quite a few people that have lost a lot of weight using this plan. I also like the idea that there are lots of veggies and fruit and not all fat like other low carb diets. I would love friends to do this with so feel free to friend me-I could use the help!
  • liseyicious
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow, would love some friends along the way!
  • Myndmelt
    Myndmelt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im starting this (17 day diet) on 1/2.
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2! Down .6 lbs from yesterday! And considering it's day 1 of my TOM, I think that's great. I'm hoping to see a significant drop. I always do when i cut the carbs/sugar.
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I did this plan from March 28- June 1. I lost 30lbs.I had so Family crisis and gained most of my weight back.I start again on December 28 and so far I'm down 4lbs.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I did it through cycle 3. That's what gave me my jump start. I didn't lose a ton on it as my mom and best friends did, but I did LOSE. I took some of the things and incorporated them into my every day life. I have drank hot lemon water EVERY DAY for 5 months, I try to eat minimal carbs after 2pm...stuff like that. IMO it is healthy and doable... Go for it! See what you think! :wink:
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Fad diets aren't the best way to go.. You lose weight faster sure but soon as you quit you gain rapidly. Usually... Just up your exercise and minimize your sugar and saturated fat intake
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    The 17 day diet makes some pretty substantial claims. The 17 day diet consists of switching your food intake every 17 days in an effort to prevent your body from hitting the dieter plateau.

The 17 day diet starts off by allowing you to consume 1200 calories a day for 17 days. for the vast majority of people 1200 calories is not enough to maintain your health. The miracle of this 17 day diet is that you lose 10-15 pounds in those first 17 days of the diet. This sounds appealing to most people, but this is not to mention that you will not be getting enough nutrients during those 17 days to function normally. Well unless you go into an induced coma for the 17 days. That would be a really great diet. the 17 days induced coma diet.

People might buy into it, but only 1200 calories per day is not going to be enough energy for you to perform any exercise and you will fell really bad. The psychological aspect of this is the you will likely quite just like all the other diets you’ve tried or you would not still be looking for this sort of information on the internet. Losing weight does not have to be hard, just eat sensibly and get a good exercise routine to follow. As long as you are burning more calories than you take in then you will lose weight and build you metabolism at the same time so once you lose the weight you will keep it off.

This is where a lot of people fail at diets including the 17 day diet. Its not the diet that allows you to shed those pounds its your will power that allows it. The diet is just a vessel, its you that must do the work. Eating correctly is a big part but its not all. You can eat 5000 calories a day, but if you burn 6000, then you must lose weight. Try to find a diet that gives you between 1400-2000 calories a day depending upon your current size and just workout. You will achieve your goals.
  • kat_renee
    kat_renee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be nice if people would do research before posting??

Any how, you do get plenty of chicken, fish, fruit, and veggies during this diet. I did it and loved it! The best part is it is not a "fad" diet, it's 3 cycles which does lead you to healthy eating.