I just NEED to vent

Options
Nursing school is kicking my *kitten*! :sad: (among other things) And I haven't even started clinicals yet........I have a HUGE Practical on Mon.......a Midtern on Wed. and Thurs.....I have slept about 40 hours since last Friday......I found my study pattern though.....from 10pm - 2am....or 3 depending when my head hits the table.....my poor children....anyway sometimes you just need to say things out loud...and apparently I am not loud enough around here or they or they ignoring me LOL...

Anyway thanks for being here...:wink:

dd

Replies

• zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Nursing school is kicking my *kitten*! :sad: (among other things) And I haven't even started clinicals yet........I have a HUGE Practical on Mon.......a Midtern on Wed. and Thurs.....I have slept about 40 hours since last Friday......I found my study pattern though.....from 10pm - 2am....or 3 depending when my head hits the table.....my poor children....anyway sometimes you just need to say things out loud...and apparently I am not loud enough around here or they or they ignoring me LOL...

Anyway thanks for being here...:wink:

dd
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you.:flowerforyou:
    It will be over before you know it.:drinker:
    Positive thoughts:flowerforyou:
    Keep up the great work:smile:
    get some sleep:yawn:
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Hang in there!

You CAN do this and you'll be so glad once it is all behind you.

Breathe deep..... chin up......march forward......give it your best shot!

Got get' em!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • tuber311
    tuber311 Posts: 15
    Options
    Since you're speaking of nursing school, I'll vent with you. I've applied to a few nursing schools for this fall. All of my colleagues have already had interviews or been accepted, and I'm left wondering what the hell? Is there something about having a 4.0 that I missed? AHHHH I’m going out of my mind, and the stress is not helping my waistline.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    I soooo envy you I gave up work 3 years ago to stay at home with my baby girl who is 3 in 2weeks since then I have had another gorguous girl I wish I had the drive to do something like what you are doing but I just don't think I could do it and run the house the kids the hubby , dogs an guinea pigs I would need a 48 hour day.

Hearing that other people do manage really inspires me I decided when I had complications with my 2nd pregnancy (and doing a lot of my own research) and then having a horrible midwife who barely spoke to me and I was on my own, my hubby didn't think it was the real thing till the hosp phoned him he arrived 10 mins before the event. She didn't even notice that my baby was presenting with her hand on top of her head which left problems afterwards 9lb 8oz baby with hand on top is a big baby Anyway I decided that I would love to be a good midwife but I think it is too late to make such a change but reading your post maybe not I am only 28 yrs old and I just feel I have a lot to offer.

You are a true inspiration keep up all your hard work and good luck with your midterm and practical.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Tuber311......OK well abviously they missed the 4.0?!?! WTF excuse me but...IMO I would rather have a nurse who knows what she/he is doing than some boob? NO? Hang in there...the only reason I am where I am is becasue it is a private school and they LOVE money....I am the opposite with stress (sometimes)....I have NOT fallen off the road to weight loss...quite the opposite which isn't good either. I also have many other things going on so who knows? Anyway hang in there and they will soon be knocking on your door!!!

PS thanks everyone for you kind thoughts/words....once again!

dd
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey Zen,
    You rock for being a mother and going to school at the same time. I can't imagine... I'm in an intense program of study right now too and it's hard enough having a boyfriend... kids would be like 10x more work! Anyway, I feel your pain in that this time of the semester sucks with midterms and all, and trying to watch your weight while being stressed out is difficult. I have been relying on the healing power of cookies to get me through it :ohwell: which is totally counterproductive.

Hang in there, there is an end to all the stress and work!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I soooo envy you I gave up work 3 years ago to stay at home with my baby girl who is 3 in 2weeks since then I have had another gorguous girl I wish I had the drive to do something like what you are doing but I just don't think I could do it and run the house the kids the hubby , dogs an guinea pigs I would need a 48 hour day.

Hearing that other people do manage really inspires me I decided when I had complications with my 2nd pregnancy (and doing a lot of my own research) and then having a horrible midwife who barely spoke to me and I was on my own, my hubby didn't think it was the real thing till the hosp phoned him he arrived 10 mins before the event. She didn't even notice that my baby was presenting with her hand on top of her head which left problems afterwards 9lb 8oz baby with hand on top is a big baby Anyway I decided that I would love to be a good midwife but I think it is too late to make such a change but reading your post maybe not I am only 28 yrs old and I just feel I have a lot to offer.

You are a true inspiration keep up all your hard work and good luck with your midterm and practical.

Just remember you are never to old to follow your dreams. when the time is right for you and your family just go for it!:happy: when I'm finished having kids and they are in school I'm planning on opening my own business and who knows how old I'll be by then:laugh: I even went back to school in my mid twenties so I can get my CDA so I can run a daycare. So anything is possible if you really want it.

Zen.... Good luck with all that studying.... no envy here:laugh: :tongue:

Zen.....
  • Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Please remember that this will be worth it in time..... :flowerforyou: