When I was in college.... for you, zenmama!

Options
Back in the early nineties I was working on my social work degree. I went back to school when my fourth child was two weeks old, and it was rough. The worst spot was during finals in my third year. We had "dyads" where we each counselled another student for a certain number of hours a week. I had three classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and three others on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I would get up in the dark, dress, get the kids ready for school and day care, kiss my husband and hike to the bus stop. Well, during finals, I got home on a Wednesday so exhausted that I fell into bed fully dressed. The next day I overslept, but was still tired when I got up. I figured, "Well. I have different classes today, and no one will notice if I wear the same clothes," so I just washed up quickly and got to school. Well, no one did notice, except my dyad partner, whom I had seen the day before. At the end of our session she asked me, "Why have you worn those pants inside out for two days in a row?" By the way, I graduated cum laude. So hang in there! It's going to be okay.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Back in the early nineties I was working on my social work degree. I went back to school when my fourth child was two weeks old, and it was rough. The worst spot was during finals in my third year. We had "dyads" where we each counselled another student for a certain number of hours a week. I had three classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and three others on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I would get up in the dark, dress, get the kids ready for school and day care, kiss my husband and hike to the bus stop. Well, during finals, I got home on a Wednesday so exhausted that I fell into bed fully dressed. The next day I overslept, but was still tired when I got up. I figured, "Well. I have different classes today, and no one will notice if I wear the same clothes," so I just washed up quickly and got to school. Well, no one did notice, except my dyad partner, whom I had seen the day before. At the end of our session she asked me, "Why have you worn those pants inside out for two days in a row?" By the way, I graduated cum laude. So hang in there! It's going to be okay.:flowerforyou:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    That is too funny, humor in all things, that's what we need a lot more of, it makes life so bearable.

When my daughter was only 9, she was at work with me one night and she sat at my desk and wrote me a little note: WE WILL GET OUT OF THIS WORLD SOME DAY. I stapled it above every desk I moved to for the next 3 years and I have it on my dresser mirror now. It's a reminder that life is what happens while we sit back waiting for something to happen. My friends remember seeing it there and they asked me about it just last week. My little angel, she touched a lot of people with that message that night and for years after.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Thank you Awesome!

dd