iPhone dropped in bath :(

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
So depressed right now. Won't even turn on! I've stuck it in rice (it's worked before) and am just praying, praying, praying! Ready to cry right now.

It is covered by insurance ($100xs) but it will need to be assessed first and since it's Xmas holidays that means I probably won't get it beforehand!

Replies

• lc504
    lc504 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you! Rice worked for me after a week or so even after putting my boyfriend's iPhone through the washer and dryer (was stuck in his jeans pocket without me noticing - agh!).
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Let it dry naturally for two days (not next to direct heat) and it'll probably work again. Don't press buttons until then or you'll work more water into the electronics, and don't try to charge it. Some ideas here, but you've already tried the rice. Patience!

http://www.labnol.org/gadgets/ipod/drop-mobile-phone-ipod-water-fix-iphone/2707/
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Rice worked wonders for me when I washed my dvd remote in the washer lol...just let it sit for 24 hours
  • Lozze
    Options
    Thanks. It worked last month when I dropped it in the toilet (seriously I've never done it before and now twice in a month?) so really, really hoping it works again! Leaving overnight, only a few seconds.

Just so damn upset right now. Stupid phones.
  • MissNothing130
    Options
    I've come SO close to dropping mine in the toilet many times, luckily it bounces off the seat onto the floor. I feel your pain though, if I lost my baby iPhone I'd be devastated. I hope it works soon.
  • wyldweazel
    wyldweazel Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well, you have my prayers. I dropped my ipod in the tub once. It recovered but it took a lot of time. You may want to premote a dry area by adding some dry hot air to the bag too. (Blow dryer.)
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I'm sorry to laugh.... I only can because I share your pain.

I put mine in the washing machine (it was on the bed when I stripped the bed covers and washed them) ....sorry to share - but nothing worked at all....my boss was soooo unimpressed! So I cried... :sad: Then he felt bad and I got a new iPhone 4 when everyone else was still on 3GS...

Of course now they've all got upgrades to the 4S and I am still with the 4... I wonder if the waterworks will work again... :wink:
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I dropped my phone in the loo 3 times and since then I don't take it in the bathroom with my anymore its too risky. Oh and I dropped one in the shower when I was younger put it on charge cos i thought the battery went flat and blew it up.
  • nikicrin
    nikicrin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I left mine in the back garden on the grass overnight in the rain... I used a hair dryer for 15 mins not pointed directly at it but just past it and it works perfectly!! Good luck!!

Xx
  • lizjames1971
    Options
    A leaking drink bottle in my handbag soaked mine but holding it in front of the car air con fixed mine!!!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    LOL I am soo guilty of surfing the web on my droid while taking a bath ^_^. Also guilty of dropping my phone in the bath..and the toilet...and the sink... and leaving it somewhere :(
  • Lozze
    Options
    Thanks. I'm seriously panicking here. I know it's irrational (only four hours!) but it's still not turning on. I'm currently interstate and now have no way of contacting the person whose picking me up on my flight back. I've sent a FB msg but he rarely checks that. Can't even sleep I'm that upset.
  • gsheasley
    gsheasley Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Someone recently told me.. (and i don't know if i just believed it because i'm gullible or if it's true) that you should wash it out with distilled water. Because when you drop electronics in water it's the particles in the water that conduct electricity that screw up the electronics. So if you rinse out the water with distilled water (not conductive because there's no particles) then it'll fix it...