May 2009 Challenge: Week 2

Options

Replies

• jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I usually consume quite a bit of water in a day. So this should be good. Unfortunately I missed the first week, but I'm gonna start up now. :-) Better late than never.
  • LoveDollie
    LoveDollie Posts: 23
    Options
    I use the drink mixes from our good friend Uncle Sam at Walmart. They are calorie free, the peach tea has just potassium in it and the fruit punch or grape has only like 10mg of sodium. Not much if you ask me, and it definately livens up the plain ole H2O. I use one pack for a 20 oz vs the suggested 16.9 oz. It seems to taste fine to me and spreads the flavor out to an additional 3 oz!

With my week at the convention, I am definately on the water kick. I drink 4 or 5 16 z bottles a day. Just the right formula for 64 oz plus a day!
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, all. I hope no one is like me -- awake and preparing to go to work. I just wanted to confess my sins this morning.

I knew we were going out to eat last night, so i had my meals and such planned. For lunch, I packed a salad and was ready to eat it, then eat half my meal at the Italian restuarant and bring the rest for lunch today.

Shocker! That didn't happen. Instead, I went to lunch with work friends yesterday and ate mayo-laden chicken salad and also ate my meal w/ wine for dinner.

After work, I'm heading straight to the gym. But I tell ya, I can feel how awful that was. After eating fairly well throughout the past couple weeks, that splurge has really made me physically feel blah!

Off for a short walk before work.

Good luck today!
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I got in all my water yesterday! Now to work on my cardio today, plans changed not doing the 5m race due to my Frozen Shoulder aching in the early morning, backup plan was to go with a group on a 2 hour bike ride but it is extrememly windy here so skipping that may go later if the wind dies down, may have to go to our brand new ymca facility, it's a beautiful facility with every kind of equipement you could want, even has a WII Room! :bigsmile:

Good Luck to all this week. :flowerforyou:
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Starting weight is 197lbs.
    Friday I drank 8 X 16oz = 128oz
    1 mile = 15 min.
    I didn't do much cardio, I only walked on my lunch. I got my hair cut after work instead. I am about 1/2 pound lighter now.
    :laugh:
  • dezmoore
    dezmoore Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job on the water ! I'm only trying to get 8-10 8 oz glasses myself...

keep up the good work!
  • dezmoore
    dezmoore Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This past week for my cardio I was able to burn almost 2000 - calories... according to my HRM.

This week is going to be a challenge with the water because I usually probably drink 32 oz a day of PURE water and the rest of my "water" I count as the water I get when I drink crystal light. BTW the fruit punch tastes totally like Kool-aid.....

On typically have been working out 5 days during the week but I will try ans squeeze in a long dog walk today if the rain stays away... On the weekends I try to stay with in calories and I guess today-- DRINK MORE PURE WATER....:drinker:

have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    great challenge, lets see if i can stick to it this week
  • sallydeb
    sallydeb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This is a good challenge. I use the 16.9oz water bottles and keep filling up, then I make sure I drink 4 of them during the day (adding more when I work out). I can really feel it on the days when I don't drink enough.
  • ja2009
    ja2009 Posts: 60
    Options
    Yesterday, I didn't work out. I always seems to happen that way when My hubbie has a saturday off. Plus, I went to see 17 again with a friend. I was tempted to get something from the concession stand but I didn't. Then(my friend) she watched my 19 month old son while we went out on a date. I only got in 5 glasses of water yesterday. I defiently didn't feel as good because of it.
  • Vanessa1969
    Options
    Saturday

Cardio
    45 minutes low impact aerobics
    25 minute walk
    1 hour 10 minutes total

Water
    6 X 16 oz - 96oz
  • Rottiemama
    Rottiemama Posts: 66
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MY FELLOW FRIENDS HERE ON MFP! WISHING YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOTS OF LOVE AND HEALTHY CHOICES!!:heart::heart:
  • Vanessa1969
    Options
    Sunday

Cardio
    45 minutes low impact aerobics
    25 minute walk
    Total 1 hour 10 minutes

Water
    12 X 16oz = 192oz
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This will be a great challenge. Most of the time I drink my water.

Saturday:
    1 1/2 hours walking in mall
    drank 60 oz of water

Sunday:
    Rest
    drank 40 oz of water

Hope everyone has a great week!:drinker:
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've been havin' no trouble keeping up with water so far. It's finding time to exercise that I've been having a problem with. Haha.
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! I am done moving and have my computer back :-) Now it is finding a place to put everything! I bought a jug that holds the amount of water to drink each day and I definately went through it this weekend but it has been the best thing! :-)

Anyway, keep up the good work!!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I Can't stand water! it's so plain any good idea's of what i can put in it to give a little flavor without adding calories? I've tried lemon juice which wasn't bad but wasn't the greatest either.. Is there anything out there i can add with out adding extra calories...
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I been doing really good with the cardio but its very hard for me to drink water. The most that I have drank so far is like 3 glasses a day. I am going to try to push myself to drink more.:drinker:
  • Smiley1010
    Smiley1010 Posts: 82
    Options
    Well I have the water part down without a problem. As far as advice for you non-water drinkers, I would repeat what someone else suggested, which is to drink a glass right when you wake up, and there's 1/8 of your day's water already finished.

I also associate drinking water with different parts of my day so that I remember to drink it more often. For example, I have some water before I leave for work, then mid-morning with my yogurt, at lunch, before I leave work/with my afternoon snack, when I get home from work, and then I have a glass at the computer while checking e-mail/mfp, and I'll have some after dinner. For the work hours, I bring my imitation Nalgene bottle that holds 34 oz., and have to finish that by the time I go home.

Remember also that your glass/cup might be bigger than 8 oz.! I know mine is... I just checked and the cups that I normally use are 12 oz. If you really hate it, just drink fast and picture us all chanting "chug, chug, chug!" :drinker: :wink:

On the other hand, I need cardio inspiration. :embarassed: Thankfully, I read everyone's posts about what they're doing to get in their cardio, so I hope it will inspire me to get moving more!
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    I Can't stand water! it's so plain any good idea's of what i can put in it to give a little flavor without adding calories? I've tried lemon juice which wasn't bad but wasn't the greatest either.. Is there anything out there i can add with out adding extra calories...

Have you tried buying flavored Seltzer water? Still no cal, and it comes in so many different flavors. I love water, but I still need a variety now and then and I love my flavored seltzer!