Christmas Present for Second Time Mom?

Options
curlyclo
curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
My aunt is having her second child (but her first baby in 18 years) in January. Any fun/creative ideas of what I could get her for xmas? She already has everything she needs for the baby, and I'd like to get her something that is related to having a baby but *not for the baby,* know what I mean?

P.S. Her first child is a lot older (in college) so there's no need for "sibling relations" or "how to raise 2 children" books or anything like that.

Any ideas would be great! :smile:

Replies

• curlyclo
    Options
    bump
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I'd probably say condoms.
    -wtk
  • curlyclo
    Options
    ^^ That wasn't funny at all, in any of the ways you thought it could have been.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    How about a multi picture frame, with picture events leading up to the baby and a place for the new babies picture in the middle?
  • MrsKAddy
    MrsKAddy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    when is the baby due? If she is early to midway through a nice prenatal massage would be fabulous! It not only helps ease the aches and pains of pregnancy but gives her the day of pampering she deserves!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I agree with above poster. Something pampering for her, mani/pedi, massage, or gift cert for one time maid visit right before or after baby comes, coupons for you to babysit in addition to whatever else you get would be nice also.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I agree with above poster. Something pampering for her, mani/pedi, massage, or gift cert for one time maid visit right before or after baby comes, coupons for you to babysit in addition to whatever else you get would be nice also.

This. Something just for her. Not sure if they have one near you, but I just went to the Aveda Institute last night (the school where they teach all of the massage therapists, esthiticians, etc.) and got a 90 minute Stress Relieving Treatment for only $34. It was worth every penny.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    When my friend recently had a baby I bought her some pampering stuff for her (Lush bath products) and some nice baby products (bath wash, shampoo) and some cute baby grows! With bears :)
    Babysitting coupons are an excellent idea!
  • Awineburg
    Options
    What about spa things. Im sure she wouldn't mind escaping to the bathroom and enjoying a nice bubble bath with some good smelly bath salts and a some lotions.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    volunteer to baby sit - or just to hang out, do some laundry, and watch the baby while she naps. take over some frozen meals. be/hire a housecleaning service, yard service, or snow shoveling.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    volunteer to baby sit - or just to hang out, do some laundry, and watch the baby while she naps. take over some frozen meals. be/hire a housecleaning service, yard service, or snow shoveling.

make her a coupon book for all of the above to redeem when she is tired!!!
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    If it's in the budget, I would get her a charm bracelet with charms for both of her kids. Good luck!
  • pixydoodle
    Options
    I'd give her something for herself that has nothing to do with babies, she spent over 18 years raising one child only to be doing it again - the next 18 years will be dedicated to the new baby - mom needs something for herself like some pampering at a spa
  • curlyclo
    Options
    Great ideas, everyone! Thanks for sharing!