What exercise video do you think works the best?!

Options
I'm having a problem staying motivated with DVD's. Some get soooooo monotonous. Any suggestions on what you like and what you feel works best for you? I'm in dire need of something new! Thanks, MF'ers! (my fitness-ers) :blushing:

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I love Tae Bo. It's my number one workout. How many workouts do you own? Mix them up. I own over 200 workouts and I believe in body confusion. When I'm not doing a program, I like to do different workouts. I like to make my body guess what workout I'm going to do. I take 2 days rest.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    30DS - only had it for a couple of weeks but it's amazing how fast it works - plus only 20 mins each workout :)
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I like to mix them up so I don't do the same thing every night. :bigsmile: I do alot of Jillian's video's but I'll mix it up; I also try to go to the gym twice a week at least.
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Everything Jillian Michaels I have ever tried is incredible. The results start to show quickly (at least strength and endurance wise for me) and she does circuits in all of them so you don't stay on the same exercise for more than 30 seconds. I rotate mine now to keep it interesting. I have 6 week 6 pack, 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and Shred it with Weights. But she does have a ton more :)
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I really think variety is the key. You continue to challenge your body in new and different ways and you continue to see results. That "muscle confusion" theory which has been around forever. I've got quite a few favorites--P90X, Insanity, JM-Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones, and a bunch of yoga DVDs. I've done both P90X and Insanity programs. Now, I continue to work them into my workouts, but also incorporate other activities I like such as Spinning and now running. A typical week for me will involve 3 days of Spinning (2 of them I add a short run afterwards), some cardio at the gym on machines, P90X at night, and Insanity dvds on the weekend. If I don't mix it up, I get extremely bored.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    100% agree!
    Everything Jillian Michaels I have ever tried is incredible. The results start to show quickly (at least strength and endurance wise for me) and she does circuits in all of them so you don't stay on the same exercise for more than 30 seconds. I rotate mine now to keep it interesting. I have 6 week 6 pack, 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and Shred it with Weights. But she does have a ton more :)
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Apparently the Davina workouts are seriously effective. Hard work of course but very very good....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=davina+new+dvd&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=7736254206&ref=pd_sl_7sobzquf5q_b
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Apparently the Davina workouts are seriously effective. Hard work of course but very very good....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=davina+new+dvd&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=7736254206&ref=pd_sl_7sobzquf5q_b

These look rough! Like it! :wink:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I am in the minority in that I can't stand Jillian Michaels! Her workouts bore me to tears.

I love Tamilee Webb (the star from Buns of Steel). She has some cardio workouts and some good weight training workouts that are pretty short.

I love Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire for cardio.

For more intense weight training, Cathe Friedrich is great!
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    INSANITY!!!!

Its super hard, but eventually addicting and worth it. I saw more results more quickly from insanity than anything else, and not just weight loss, but at the doctor I got told my heart had gotten in better shape after I did it, as well as I found muscles popping out I had never had.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I am in the minority in that I can't stand Jillian Michaels! Her workouts bore me to tears.

Your not alone!:-)
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options

Your not alone!:-)

Same here! Chalene Johnson all the way! :wink:
  • maysflower
    Options
    I'll pick a piece of gym equipment over a DVD any day, but that is not always possible. I own a lot of workout DVD's and I switch up my workouts so I don't get bored. I love my Tae Bo DVD's, and I have a bunch of other ones from various instructors. I would suggest picking up a few different ones and figuring out what you like. I'm not a big Jillian Michaels fan because I find her workouts boring. I like action packed workouts with great music and fun moves.

Find something that gets your blood pumping. There is no point in doing a workout that you hate because all that will happen is you will lose interest and stop doing it. Good luck!
  • try2basunbeam
    Options
    I love CHalean Xtreme. It's for weightlifting, but it really works. The idea is to lift, say 15lbs, 5 times rather than 5lbs 30times and it is amazing. It's the only program I did where people said,
    "Hey, have you been working out?" after ONLY 2 months of it! (it's expensive IMO but I bought it off ebay for a deal and I have the workout charts on my blog, if you were to google the charts)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Only the ones that you actually do, work the best.

Get them from the library or Netflix if you aren't sure you want to buy them. You can get a lot online for cheap, once you're sure you like them. Ebay and such.

Billy Blanks is fun. I like Kari Anderson, Karen Voight, and Chalene Johnson's Turbo Jam.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    For me - I have to find an instructor I "click" with. Kelly Coffey Meyer is great - she has a series called 30 Minutes to Fitness. Each DVD has 2 - 30 minute workouts plus lots of premixes (keeps it fresh).

I buy, sell, trade, lots of workout DVDs. I look at it this way - if I had a gym membership - I would pay $$ every month. Why not buy a new/used DVD every month - to keep a good variety.

collagevideo.com and totalfitnessdvds.com have video clips & reviews of lots of DVDs - to get some new ideas.
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    I love Chalene and Jill!!
  • meowmows
    Options
    I recommend 30 Day Shred too! The workouts are just short enough so you don't get too bored, but they are long enough to burn some major fat. You can really see a difference by the time you get to level 3. It's awesome!!
    The POP Pilates videos on YouTube are nice too. The saddlebag one really burns lol.