NSV's for the holidays

Options
rainman3k
rainman3k Posts: 174 Member
I joined MFP on October 3rd and during the first two weeks I added several people that I had seen have great success with their lifestyle changes. During these first two weeks I tweaked my diet, looked at additional fitness resources for clarification and most importantly found, via my mfp friends, I really needed to be more active and start an exercise program if I wanted to achieve the results that I envisioned.

I came down with a case of shin splints and as walking was not really a good option for me, I decided to call a gym to respond to an add I had seen. I joined the next day and scheduled a session with a trainer for October 20th. The meeting was awesome and she made me realize I was going to have to give 110% to get the results I wanted, but she had a good way of working with my poor endurance and habit of wanting to socialize :laugh:

After 4 weeks with her I had made friends with a few more MFP folks and most important I had garnered the attention of another trainer at the gym. He was impressed with how hard I was working and my dedication to get in there. Long story short he helped improve my circuit training, helped me with using proper supplements to aid in the building & recovery of muscles and pushed me to work even harder. Well today was the 8 week staus check and a couple NSV's came out as a result.

The first was that I improved my fitness results by almost 50% across the board from my November 20th test and I increased the weights I now use in my exercises by an average of 40%.

The second is in my measurements - 24.5 overall inches lost, with the most being in the waist and chest!

11630912_9860.jpg

I know I still have a long road ahead and every week will continue to be a battle, but with the support group I have in MFP I will try my best. So to MFP members, friends and active posters alike, I say Thank You for helping me fight the battle!

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome man, you lost 2 feet, great results. Keep up the good work. It's nice when the hard work pays off.
  • eyuson
    Options
    That's great progress! You're tracking 25% of your goal in just a few weeks. Keep charging, buddy!
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    Amazing ! That must have you really pumped up (no pun intended) and motivated for more great results.

Truth is in the numbers,.....you definitely have a proven formula or plan to get you to your end goals.
    Your dedication is so impressive :o)
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Super proud of you !!
    Glad to call you friend also.
    Keep up all that hard work and dedication.
    We will see our goal!!

Keep pushing forward...
  • springfan
    springfan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic! Keep up the great work. Glad to be your MFP friend.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!