Wii fit

Options
I have a question 4 any1 who has a nintendo wii fit with board...how accurate is the scales on the wii fit board??...I weighed myself on the bathroom scales and it said i was (12st 7lb)175lb but when i did the test on the wii fit it says i am (11st 4lb)158lb...i know which one id like to believe lol but to be realistic how accurate is the wii fit scales??

Replies

• HAPage24
    HAPage24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My Wii Fit scale is pretty close to my bathroom scale. Do you have a digital bathroom scale?
  • Kirsty_1984
    Options
    no its just a basic bathroom scale x
  • HAPage24
    HAPage24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That may be your problem, the old style bathroom scales are not accurate at all.
  • Kirsty_1984
    Options
    i just dont want to get my hopes up and think ive lost weight lol and it turning out that i haven't...lol So im not sure what weight to actually believe and put down on my mfp lol
  • seemae
    seemae Posts: 38
    Options
    I would believe the balance board. They're pretty accurate.
  • Liopleurodon
    Options
    Are you using them on the same kind of floor? A carpet can make a big difference. Hard floors are better.
  • Kirsty_1984
    Options
    yeh,i use them both on the laminate flooring.I was using the scales in the bathroom where its a wet room floor,and obv the fitness board in the living room.But i took the scales through the living room yesterday and it still measured the same weight. x
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My balance board was bang on with my digital bathroom scale - so I think it's time to get a new bathroom scale. But it's all relative, so just pick one and stay with it. If you use the Wii Fit for recording and exercise, then stick with that one.
  • Kirsty_1984
    Options
    Thank you every1...i think i will use the wii from now on seeing its the 1 with the kindest words lol also i will be using it often enough so it makes sense.Thanks again x
  • MarleyCats
    MarleyCats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If your goal is losing weight, then you should try to weigh yourself on the same scale every time. Consistency is key. That way, regardless of which scale is more accurate, you'll know if you're losing or not. Good luck!
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My wii balance board is usually very very close to the digital scale in the bathroom.
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My Wii Balance board is pretty close to my digital scale also. However, neither of them seem to match the WW scale but both are about 5 lbs off the WW scale. I am convinced that it has something to do with the fact that at home, I use the scale and the Wii board on hardwood floors and WW is on a carpeted floor.