Lets talk about thighs :)

Options
So I have always had an issue with my thighs even at my skinniest weight (115lbs) my thighs always rubbed together when i walked. I have tried thigh busting dvds and everything to tighten or even lose weight in my legs and i cant. So i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or things that work for them to help tighten or remove leg fat. Anything will help. Thanks to all.

Replies

• mysteria_
    mysteria_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think it's sort of genetic... because mine don't really touch, even when I gain weight, but I have a friend who is about the same height/weight as me, and hers do touch... I think we just have different types of legs! It's always just been natural for me, sorry I can't help you! I would think if you get them firmed up from some strength exercises it would help... :ohwell:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    A mild calorie deficit, strength training, and some cardio.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Thunder thighs are genetic (I have them too!) I am 5'6" and I had to get down to a disturbing 99 pounds to have thighs that didn't touch and didn't have any cellulite.

Since I don't care to look like Skeletor any more I have learned to accept that I will never have slim thighs. So now I am working on strong thighs with lots of squats, lunges and deadlifts - and a caloric deficit to reduce my overall body fat percentage.

But they will still be big... and I am ok with that. You can be, too! :flowerforyou:
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, step ups etc... anything to tone them up, they will get smaller then or more tolerable
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 105 lbs with low body fat....my thighs still touch. But you know, I'm finally okay with that. They are strong, muscular, and (when I'm not on the injured list) run miles and miles at a time.

You can't spot reduce, sorry.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    What helps my legs in general is swimming- including my thighs. But I'm still curvy, and even at my skinniest my thighs still touch at the top
  • mahidac
    mahidac Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So I have always had an issue with my thighs even at my skinniest weight (115lbs) my thighs always rubbed together when i walked. I have tried thigh busting dvds and everything to tighten or even lose weight in my legs and i cant. So i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or things that work for them to help tighten or remove leg fat. Anything will help. Thanks to all.

there is no way to spot reduce fat just to one specific area with diet or exercise :(

only way to make them smaller is to lose overall weight - but genetics will always play a roll in distribution of weight
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    It's genetics....I am cursed with the thunder thighs too. I have no hope for the inner thigh gap......:sad:
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, step ups etc... anything to tone them up, they will get smaller then or more tolerable

This has helped!
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I will try your ideas.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Running has worked best for me (pear shape with a desk job for 20+ years). I hated running and don't do it anymore, but of all the things I've done over the years, it worked the best for my thighs.
  • goodridges
    goodridges Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Probably to do with how your pelvis is aligned (genetic) & therefore the angle of your legs. If you've not got fat there, there isn't much you can do! ;-}
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    It's genetics....I am cursed with the thunder thighs too. I have no hope for the inner thigh gap......:sad:

Yep. Everyone's body structure is a little different. Some people have a pear shape, some apples...etc. My thighs always touch. Even during my eating disorder when I was like 90 pounds at my high school graduation.

Now, I'm trying to convince myself that I like them that way :) haha....I know that's a hard thing to make myself believe, but it's worth a try! :)

Good luck!
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    i like my legs dont get me wrong. I have tone calves, and tight thigh muscles but the inner thigh has all the fat on it. It always has. Darn genetics.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    i like my legs dont get me wrong. I have tone calves, and tight thigh muscles but the inner thigh has all the fat on it. It always has. Darn genetics.

Me too! I can't wear short short to work out or just to take a walk
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

Me too! I can't wear short short to work out or just to take a walk
  • olympicathlete
    Options
    Purely genetics: i.e. the way fat is distributed on your body and the shape of your pelvis. I actually store so much of my body's fat on my legs. My number one goal is to get them to show the muscle that's hiding underneath all the fat. The only way to do this is to strip the fat though, so it'll be a rather long journey.
  • onehotgirl
    Options
    I didn't realise touching thighs was such a bad thing?!

Mine have all my life and they always will, it's just how my body is and I love it because it I have an hourglass figure, I don't think I've ever seen an hourglass figure with skinny non-touching things :flowerforyou:

Embrace your curves and dress to show them off :happy: