Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System

Has anyone tried this? I am getting it for Christmas and wanted to know about any reviews. I used to go to a zumba fitness center but paying for a gym membership and zumba membership was getting too pricey so I asked for this instead.

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    I have the Zumba Cardio Party DVD's and they are great!! They definitely provide a great workout, it's just not as fun when you're not a part of a big group, but hey, that's ok if the results are the same and they are for me! :D
  • I know it's not quite the same, but I have the Zumba game for the PS3. And it is FUN. Dance around like a complete goon, sweat your butt off, and enjoy yourself!
  • mommajdawg
    mommajdawg Posts: 57 Member
    I have not seen this I have been doing Wii Zumba, is this a DVD or on a gaming system?
  • eschwanda
    eschwanda Posts: 69 Member
    its a dvd set
  • eschwanda
    eschwanda Posts: 69 Member
    Have you all noticed results?
  • The Zumba Exhilirate sucks for any advanced exerciser. Especially if you use other fitness d.v.d.s I say it sucks because the girls teaching are too mouthy and look like cheerleaders
  • BUT Zumba does work with great results!
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    My co-worker loves them. I've tried a few and I didn't really like them, but I hadn't been going to Zumba before I tried these, so they may just not be my cup of tea.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Re: results, I have a hard time following a program (like Zumba every day, or p90x, Jillian's 30 day shred, etc.) I like to spice things up and do something different for my cardio 5-6x a week. With that said, yes I absolutely have seen results and it is FUN too! :) Good luck!
  • bump!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Got to be honest, I got this and didn't really like it. I think a lot is down to personal taste, but my goals with exercise are yes to try and enjoy it, but ultimately to burn as much as I can as fast as I can, or focus on strength depending on the workout. Being brutally honest, I didn't find zumba that good for either. The hour workout burnt about 380, by comparison Davina's hour-long workout has a whole 20 minute section of strength and burns around 480. My Jillian Michaels DVDs all burn around 500 in an hour except no more trouble zones, which is strength-focussed. It depends what your goals are I think, I can see why people say 'its fun' but to be honest I have one hour aboslute max per day to exercise, it has to be the absolute best use of my time it can be!
  • Never tried the tape before. I attend an all ladies gym and Zumba has done WONDERS for those who have been FAITHFULLY taking the class three times a week for the past year! If you move you lose, period. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Is this the Zumba Exhilarate DVD set...?

If so, I love it...!!!!

I disagree with a previous poster - I think it IS a good for an advanced exerciser.... I've been doing Turbo Fire for the last 6 months and these DVDs still get me working up a sweat.

I just did the Zumba Ripped DVD (Toning & Sentao) this evening using 5lb weights (instead of using 1.5 or 2.5 pounds toning sticks that they do) and I burned 469 calories in an hour.

I burned 514 calories when I did the 60 minute Zumba Exhilarate DVD, 214 calories from the 20 minute Zumba Rush DVD and 366 calories from the 40 minute Zumba Activate DVD.

I wear a KiFit (UK BodyMedia Fit), so these calorie burns are pretty accurate.
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    bump