Hi!

Options
Finally getting serious about losing weight. I "tried" before but I was looking for a quick fix, not a lifestyle change. Not surprisingly, I didn't lose the weight. Now I know that I have to make it a lifestyle change and not just a quick diet, so that is what I'm planning on doing! My motivation is my seven month old daughter. I want to be healthier to live longer to spend as much time as I can with her, and also to be a good influence on her to guide her down a positive path with food and exercise. I'm still very new to it all. I know that in order to lose weight you have to burn more calories than you consume. Other than that, I'm clueless. If you feel like passing along some friendly advice, I'm all ears. ;) Looking forward to meeting some of you soon!

Replies

• Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this fabulous group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!! Feel free to add me. if you'd like.....

12117749.png
  • KariePerez
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!! I have found by tracking my diet that on the average day i was eating like twice what I should be eating and just by tracking everyday and eating healthier I am losing weight. The exercise does play a big part but I have also found that until you are comfortable with tracking your food and what you are eating you will lose weight even without the exercise. Just by making changes in your food choices.So take this one step at a time like you said its a life style change lets do it right!! Feel free to friend me if you want!!
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day
  • lapongo_92
    Options
    i agree with the food diary, this website is great for that make sure to put in everything tho lol i also tell everyone, get out and walk around, i hate running i just find it boring but walking is a lot of fun and its so beautiful outside so take your daughter out and go walk it keeps your heart rate up and you dont have to feel silly by trying to follow videos of aerobic classes lol walking with your daughter is a great way to make it a family thing and show her how it is important in life i suggest 30 mins every other day ( and of course you can work up to that slowly lol what ever works for your body just have fun and enjoy it) :)