Why have I been so obsessed with weight loss?

Options
I'm 5'2 135-140 ish and I am done trying to lose weight. I feel like its an uphill battle and I just don't see the point anymore. For some reason I have been obsessed with being in my 120's, reaching down to my highschool weight (btw when I was there I kinda has a little kid body). Now, as Iook through the forums I feel like I am being ungrateful for my figure. There are people on here with 50-100-more pounds to lose and I am freaking out because I'm not model thin. Here is to embracing my body, learning to love it (curves and all) and focusing on eating for health, not necessarily weight loss. This is a big deal for me to get to this point. Has anyone out there experienced this

Replies

• Sunshine_Bettie
    Options
    That's great you've gotten to that point! In high school I used to be obsessed with every cm of fat & couldn't stand it. But part of being a woman (man too) is embracing who you are, how God made you, & not trying to squeeze ourselves into a different mold. Being HEALTHY & taking car of ourselves, making wise decisions...these are the things that make us a woman. NOT what shape our figure is. Did you know that in the 40's, I believe, they actually sold weight gain pills? I don't agree with those anymore than I do weight loss pills, but still. It shows that what's "womanly" & attractive change, & we can't worry about what "everyone" thinks now. Here's the link you can copy and paste into your browser to see the ads. http://www.retronaut.co/2011/11/vintage-weight-gain-ads/
  • smalloneday
    smalloneday Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    good for yu that is a great acheviment, Someday I will be there right where your at now but I am one of those people that have lots to lose. eating healthy and the right food will help you lose those extra lbs in no time keep it up.
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That's my experience too.

I want to feel comfortable in the body I have, whatever size it happens to be today. I bounce back and forth, thinking that I should be happy with where i'm at, but then I think "why settle for this when I know I can be better"
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    That's great you've gotten to that point! In high school I used to be obsessed with every cm of fat & couldn't stand it. But part of being a woman (man too) is embracing who you are, how God made you, & not trying to squeeze ourselves into a different mold. Being HEALTHY & taking car of ourselves, making wise decisions...these are the things that make us a woman. NOT what shape our figure is. Did you know that in the 40's, I believe, they actually sold weight gain pills? I don't agree with those anymore than I do weight loss pills, but still. It shows that what's "womanly" & attractive change, & we can't worry about what "everyone" thinks now. Here's the link you can copy and paste into your browser to see the ads. http://www.retronaut.co/2011/11/vintage-weight-gain-ads/

thank you! and I loved looking at those weight loss ads. Those are awesome.