The Over 300 Club

Options

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome back ladies!<<HUGS!>> I know I can do this and I just have to trust that through God I can get it done. Of course I have to do my part.:blushing: I am going to go to the gym this weekend to do the dreaded weigh in so I can get a new starting point. Until I had read your encouraging messages last night I had just decided that fat was what I was meant to be. Of course I know that is not true and I am getting my head right because I know that is where the fight starts. I lost from 535 to where I am now and I can lose the rest!:drinker:

Thanks for being there all!:flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi team :smile: How is everyone today ? I just got back from my am 2 miles- done in 32 minutes burned 424 calories. My 10 year old daughter walks with me in the morning. She keeps up and loves the pace. I have the 19th month old I watch until 2 pm or so this afternoon. It's only suposed to get up to 85 here today. That's a welcome change from 108 . I have to hit HEB today for fruits and veggies . I don't think we'll swim today. I need to track down a life jacket for the little guy I babysit. I hope to find one at a good price. I wonder if wally world sells life jackets? Tomorrow is my weigh in. I peeked at the scale this morning and I am showing a good loss. :smile: I'll update my ticker tomorrow morning. Here's a friendly reminder to drink that water- :drinker: eat those veggies-- :smile: Get moving- :flowerforyou: Have a great day everyone :bigsmile: ttfn---- Cindy :heart:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! How are you??!! Amy welcome back!!!!! 4sure is so right, the past is behind us, we gotta look ahead. So, off to the gym with you girl, and get back in the saddle!

Wow, what a bunch of mixed metaphors I just wrote. :laugh:

Cindy and 4sure, you guys are my inspiration to keep exercising! I bought one of those woot heart rate monitors that was on sale, so we'll see how it works!

MPJS, good to hear from you! Put the strep and the ice cream behind you! Sounds like little damage was done, the important thing is don't let it bet you side tracked - don't use it as an excuse to fail.

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!! We can all do this! Caliecat, nice to see you here, everyone, have a great day, and Happy Mother's day to all you mothers tomorrow! Take care!
  • loula1076
    loula1076 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hope everybody's having a great weekend! My son took us to the drive-in last night. I almost lost all control, but ended up only having a couple handfuls of popcorn. Then today I ate a 12" sub from Subway instead of the 6". aggggghhhh....I'm so frustrated with myself. Get back in the game. I have to weigh in on Monday. Guess I'll have to work out extra hard tomorrow.

Amy, glad to see you back. We all lose our way, but it's finding the lighthouse that makes all the difference.

Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful, fabulous moms out there!:heart:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    loula, thats a bummer when that happens - and sometimes it does. So, sounds like you are doing the right things - log the calories, stay honest with yourself and get back in the game. Why not go for a walk tonight? And remember to drink a boatload of water! You can kick this! Waiting for tomorrow is old thinking. Glad you brought it up!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Okay so I weighed at the gym today and I really was SURPRISED!!!! I wasn't the total failure I thought I was.:bigsmile: I only gained 3 from my highest of 20 lost on here and I had actually lost since my last weigh in on MFP so I feel a little better now. At least I have a starting weight again. So Monday it is. I am going out to get some fresh fruits and veggies for lunches tomorrow and some other healthy snacks so I am not without a good alternative should any temptations arise. Thanks again for all of the support ladies you are great!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    amynvegas You really did good. don't look at the 3 gain Look at how much you lost 17 pounds that's great.
    stillkristi your right I woke up this morning and said don't let this get the best of me and I also checked my weight but I don't weigh in until weds I hope its right because I would be down 4 pounds but I am going to wait for check in on wed. to change the ticker
    stillkristi I think we should all keep to your words failure is not an option::bigsmile:
    everyone have a very happy mother's day
  • stillkristi
    Options
    WOW - MPJS you are really getting on board, aren't you?? :happy: :happy:

Just a couple of days ago, you were thinking maybe you would not post your ticker, and now look at you! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: You go girl!!!

And everyone - take care! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you moms!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day Moms!!!!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hello team , A big HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the moms !! :heart: Today is my weigh in. Despite being my TOM I lost 3.6 pounds. :smile: I hope everyone has a great day today!!!!!!! Cindy :heart:
  • MPJS
    Options
    Hi everyone have a wondrful mothers day.. Cindy way to go congrats on the loss.
    Thankyou Stillkirsti I thought I would never trust any one with telling my weight and all of you here have made it so wonderful. Your encouragement has been so wonderful and I thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms here !

Well, hubby has jumped on board and I'm glad. It's not about the weight but the health and I want him around for as long as possible. And since he is a trained Chef it really helps me with new menu ideas and stopping the bordem of the same things over and over again.

I talked to my sister today, while we are visiting mom has a photographer friend comming over to get some good photos of Dad with the kids and grandkids so we can all have some beautiful pictures. Plus I'll be wearing out my poor camera as well capturing as many memories as possible.

I'm afraid being with my family is going to hinder my weight-loss but I'm gonna try my hardest to stay on track and control my portions. My entire family is over-weight/obese and we loveeeeeeeee to gather around food, it's gonna be hard, but I can do it. They've already got a big turkey dinner planned for the day we get there, Lord help me control myself around my daddy's cookin'.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend :heart:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I hope no one minds me posting here, as I am not over 300...but I just wanted to stop in and wish you all well on your journeys to better health. I'm so proud of all of you for taking control of your lives and your health. At one point, I had 100 pounds to lose...so if I can do it, I know you all can!

Congrats and best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I hope no one minds me posting here, as I am not over 300...but I just wanted to stop in and wish you all well on your journeys to better health. I'm so proud of all of you for taking control of your lives and your health. At one point, I had 100 pounds to lose...so if I can do it, I know you all can!

Congrats and best wishes! :flowerforyou:

We don't mind at all hun! Thank you for stopping in and offering some wonderful support and inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Hey everyone, I hope you had a happy, blessed mother's day!

Blaze, just enjoy your trip my dear. Do what you can without too much stress and know that we are supporting you. Enjoy your time and make great memories! You know we will be here when you get back!
  • MPJS
    Options
    good morning everyone I hope you all have a great day.
    Blazin listen to stillkirsti enjoy your family and your dad. Have a wonderful time. Well be here
    By the way when do you leave .
    Everyone have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    good morning everyone I hope you all have a great day.
    Blazin listen to stillkirsti enjoy your family and your dad. Have a wonderful time. Well be here
    By the way when do you leave .
    Everyone have a great day :flowerforyou:

We are leaving Friday after hubby gets off work, I can't wait ! :love:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Blazin just remember that the food still tastes as good in smaller portions and you will feel better if you just take a little of everything. But in the long run the time you spend with your family is what will stick with you forever not the food. Take lots of pictures and make lots of memories and don't let food get in the way of your joy!:flowerforyou: :heart:

MPJS great job on the loss!:drinker:

Satellite thanks for the encouragement you have done very well!

I am making quick work on this weight thing considering I had the stomach bug yesterday thanks to my sis who had it last Tuesday. I had Sprite and crackers yesterday when I could keep it down. I just felt so out of it but no fever unless it was low grade so I just kinda slept it off and read and watched TV. I am feeling better today but stomach is still queasy so I am still taking it easy, just some protein shakes and a cereal bar today to give my tummy time to get back to normal. I guess I should thank God for the jumpstart since I wasn't going to start until today He helped a day earlier. LOL!:laugh: Every cloud has a silver lining.:bigsmile:

Hope you all have a great week!:flowerforyou:
  • aur23a
    aur23a Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check in and say Hi. Today was my weigh in and I lost 4 lbs... Yay!! I'm sticking to my meal plan and exercising and it's working, I'm excited. It's awesome to have all of you as support.
    Amy, I just want to thank you for starting this thread!! I'm so glad to have you back.
    Take care and have a great day!! :smile:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Thanks aur23a.:bigsmile: I was hoping when I started it to find people like me with a lot to lose who had a long journey ahead of them and I am so glad I found you all, you are a great group!:flowerforyou: