Having trouble eating enough.

LJAYNEB
LJAYNEB Posts: 10
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
This may sound crazy :explode: but I am struggling to keep up with the calories I am ment to have each day, I am either not hungry or I get too full before I cannot finish, and yet I still cannot seem to loose much weight. I get to the gym two - three times a week but still not a lot of loss.

Can anyone give me some advise? :devil:

Replies

• LJAYNEB
    This may sound crazy :explode: but I am struggling to keep up with the calories I am ment to have each day, I am either not hungry or I get too full before I cannot finish, and yet I still cannot seem to loose much weight. I get to the gym two - three times a week but still not a lot of loss.

Can anyone give me some advise? :devil:
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Do you have regular hours? I am a night owl, and I realized that by sleeping through breakfast, even though I was up basically the same amount of hours as "regular" hours, I wasn't even eating 1000 calories a day! Since I have started making myself get up earlier, I have slowly increased my calorie intake each day. With each day I get a little bit closer to fulfilling that goal.
  • angie2009
    angie2009 Posts: 8
    Try eating smaller meals throughout the day. You will have to plan for this. Try just a couple bites to keep your metabolism burning. Funny thing with your body is that if it feels like you are starving it, it will start holding on to everything.

Don't start eating junk. Your body needs protien to rebuild the muscles we work out when we exercise.

I would suggest trying to eat only whole foods (nothing processed), and going with under 20 carbs for the next three days and see what happens. Also try eating every three hours, even if it is only a few bites. Foods that are low carb are meats, dairy, eggs, berries, and most vegetables.

Hope this helps,

Angie

PS. My ticker may say I haven't lost any weight, but I just started on Wednesday and haven't weighed myself yet:wink:
  • LJAYNEB
    Thanks,

I will give your suggestions a go and see if I loose anything. :drinker:
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    LJAY,
    Yes, it sounds like your metabolism needs a boost. When you exercise try increasing the intensity for short bursts, up and down, Bring your heart rate up to shortness of breath for 30 sec or so then back off and let it calm down, repeat.

I agree with the small regular meals of good food and lots of water. I was stuck for quite awhile and this recipe worked for me, Good Luck:wink: Diane
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Five to six small meals which can be supplemented with protein or meal replacement shakes.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    try eating more often - some things I've done....

Be sure to eat a mid morning and mid afternoon snack-I usually eat bananas, strawberries, maybe 1/2 PB & J on honey wheat, bowl of cereal

using skim milk instead of water in my oatmeal...
    drinking skim milk before workouts
    1/2 oz of almonds

days I am low I treat myself to a nonfat latte...YUM
  • LJAYNEB
    Well, I will take all the advise I can get and it seems that everyone agrees that it is eat more often, I will try this over the next week to see how I go.... no guarentees but I will try. :bigsmile:

Will update as soon as I can.

Thanks a bunch for your help. :heart:
This discussion has been closed.