How does my diet look?

Options
I'm looking for a solid meal plan containing breakfast, 2 snacks, and lunch. Dinner is variable since that is when I eat with my family. My diary is open, and I have made a sample meal plan that I think might just work. I am trying to lose from 125-115. Any advice or better meal ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Deficient in fats, you should shoot for a MINIMUM of around .35-.45g of fat per lb of bodyweight, protein should be around 1g of protein per lb of lbm.

Also i would ditch the shake and energy bar in favor of whole foods which tend to be more micronutrient dense and more satiating
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    (was supposed to quote the post above me. oops.) ^

This. Fat is super, SUPER important in your diet. The balance of fat and protein is critical. Remember, fat is a nutrient. It does not make you fat. There is no need to avoid it like the plague. Focus on your macros as a whole-- IMHO, carbs should not be your top macro. Again, my opinion, but no way around it-- you are deficient in dietary fat.
  • fitfoodeeee
    Options
    Once I started eating more fats my weight went up. I ate raw nuts, nut butter, avocado, stuff like that. I'm a little scared of fats now
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Once I started eating more fats my weight went up. I ate raw nuts, nut butter, avocado, stuff like that. I'm a little scared of fats now

For how long? What did your cals look like? There is no reason fats would make you gain if you were still eating within your allotted cals.
  • Acg67
    Options

Fats don't make you fat and are an essential macronutrient. Net caloric balance is what governs weight loss, not just eating a bit of 1 macronutrient
  • fitfoodeeee
    Options
    That's true. I didn't really compensate calories for the extra fats. :/ I was eating about 2000 cals per day (about 45 g of fat), and burning 400 cals a day with exercise. That put me at 1400 net cals, a couple hundred too many I suppose
  • kelseyessex
    Options
    is it sugar that is more likely to make you gain fat than actual fat itself?
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I was told by my nutritionist that you should eat more of your calories in the morning because it gives you longer to burn them.

I also heard the quote:

Breakfast with a king
    lunch with a prince
    dinner with the piper.

Ive been trying it and its been working for me.
  • Acg67
    Options
    I was told by my nutritionist that you should eat more of your calories in the morning because it gives you longer to burn them.

I also heard the quote:

Breakfast with a king
    lunch with a prince
    dinner with the piper.

well that nutritionist must have a degree in broscience because it doesn't matter when you consume your cals, you can consume them all 10 min before going to bed if you wanted
  • mestrydom
    Options

I also heard the quote:

Breakfast with a king
    lunch with a prince
    dinner with the piper.

well that nutritionist must have a degree in broscience because it doesn't matter when you consume your cals, you can consume them all 10 min before going to bed if you wanted

Really? That's the best news EVER! I often find myself with lots of surplus calories left just before bedtime and then I'm worried that eating them will just turn into blubber overnight! (Because this 'no eating after 6pm-thing' is something I also picked up somewhere along the way!)

Please explain the ratios to me again and how it is important, if you don't mind? (Please keep in mind, I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian so getting the right kind of protein is a little problematic for me as I've never really worried about it and I'm trying to educate myself a little!)

Below is my Food total at the moment and it's way past bedtime already and I have NO idea what I should eat now??? :/ (And I'm not hungry so, should I just have some warm milk?? But then my protein will go over... does that matter and if so, why??! Please help?)

My Totals at the moment (It's 23h26):
    Calories: 863 Carbs: 113 Fat: 24 Protein: 48 Fiber: 20 Trn Fat: 0

My Daily Goal:
    Calories: 1,200 Carbs: 165 Fat: 40 Protein: 45 Fiber: 14 Trn Fat: 0

Remaining:
    Calories: 337 Carbs: 52 Fat: 16 Protein: -3 Fiber: -6 Trn Fat: 0

(I want to lose 6kg)