First mini goal achieved!!

Options
Hello all!

I started MFP October 12, 2011. I'm 5'10", my starting weight was 193 and I'm 30 years old. My whole life, I've never been overweight. After having my first child I had put on roughly 30 pounds. Those pounds were pretty hard to see on me (being 5'10") but I could tell. But not knowing the first thing about how to diet kept me at a stand still.

Now that my son will be 5 years old in January, I decided that I could no longer be okay with the 30 pounds I put on. I had always heard about MFP, but had never took action beyond that. Yes it was a food diary, but the success stories are what motivate me on a DAILY basis.

My goal weight is to be 150 pounds (13 pounds lighter than my "pre" baby weight), icing on the cake would be 145 pounds, but I would be completely thrilled at 150 pounds (I pick 150 because I remembering feeling my "best" at that weight). Knowing that I would have to lose 43 pounds kinda scared me. That is such a big number (for me at least)!! So I set mini goals for myself. My first goal is to have 10 pounds lost by New Years! And I am proud to say that I achieved that first goal!!!!! I got on the scale this morning and my current weight is 182.6 pounds (10.4 pounds lost!). (Side note: three weeks ago I over stressed my ankle with all of my work outs, just got diagnosed today with tendinitis of my Tibilus Tendon (posterior). So the only things I can do for workouts is cycle or swim. I'm literally going crazy. :ohwell: )

As for the future, my next three goals will span out until next fall. The next 10 pounds are set to be shed by April (my 31st birthday to be exact). The next 10 to be off by July. And the final 13 by October (one year anniversary of my relationship with MFP).

I truly cannot wait to post my victories along the way!

Thank you to everyone on MFP. You have kept me motivated, cheered me on, and kept me accountable through out it all. I am only 1/4 of the way to my goal, but I know I will reach it with MFP.

<3 Lauren

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!