Options
2»

Replies

• sexymewannabe
    Options
    thanks everyone :flowerforyou:
  • shannypoo21
    Options
    I totally understand what you are feeling but this weight loss journey is about you and your health. As everyone else has said, forget what people may say and stay the course. I'm pretty sure you are inspiring your love ones whether they say it or not. Stay encouraged and keep up the good work!
  • fae713
    fae713 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As one of the other posters mentioned, go with what is healthy for YOU and your height. Most often this means looking at BMI and making sure that you are in the healthy range. If someone thinks you look too skinny, that is their problem and their jealousy if you have paid attention and are within the range for healthy for BMI.

Also, keep in mind that as the general population size has gone up, so has our impression of what is healthy and whatnot. At a 32% BMI, I had people saying that I looked really good and they couldn't understand why I thought I was overwheight. I may carry weight well, but that doesn't mean that I should allow myself to be at an unhealthy weight just because it was "good enough" for other people.

If your family starts to really get on your case, I would honestly pull out the BMI charts and point out why you want to be where your goal is. Mine is set for 135, which is 23% BMI. Healthy, but still nowhere near as low as I could go, though to be honest, I don't know that I would want to go much lower since it would be hard to manage that and have any muscle at all.

Long story short - go with what is healthiest for you and recognize that the people who are giving you a hard time about your goals are jealous or do not understand what is healthy anymore.