HELP!!!!!!!!

Options
This holiday season has been a crap show for me. Will power - slim to none. Self restraint - nonexistent. At home, I'm perfect...at work, it's been impossible! What do you do to get through the holidays? I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Replies

• jennisgonnadoit
    jennisgonnadoit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issues here! Between the fact that we just aren't as busy so of course that means I want to eat, and the treats everyone is bringing in my willpower is going away fast! I'm only a month into this and had already decided when I started that I would allow myself my "cheat" days to be when I am with family at Christmas gatherings. But it has been so hard at work lately not to give in! It is really making me doubt if I can do this :cry:
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have made a decision to have NOTHING extra that has been offered. I just can't be trusted to just have a taste or one, so I am the person who everyone says 'doesn't eat anything' and I'm OK with that, I just have what I've planned to eat, enjoy the conversation, a skinny capp and go on my way. I decide what I eat, not somebody who brings in a treat. As far as Christmas lunches go, I refused one and then went to one where I'd had my lunch beforehand, and just had a drink and a coffee. I'm trying to meet my goal by Christmas, and all the extra eating is just not worth it.

GG
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Exercise more, drink extra water and look at this "journey" as a lifestyle change, not a diet. Diets are until, lifestyle is forever. Hang in there.

By the way I didn't see that you have already lost 130!! I just woke up, great job!! You got this :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    130 lbs lost ?! YOU know what to do!!!!!!! You're AWESOME!!!!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person that said I Decide What I Eat Not Someone Else.
  • fae713
    fae713 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I plan for extra calories via snacks, but I limit myself to one "dessert" type thing per day. Most of my coworkers are aware that I am counting calories and working toward a weight loss goal and so aren't offended when I turn something down. In the planning part, this means I am eating slightly smaller meals and exercising a little bit more, especially working on my cardio stuff. It's not easy, but it is worth it.