I hate Vegitables :(

Options
I am STRUGGLING, and always have to eat healthfully! my main problem is that all i eat is sugar carbs and a bit of protein. When I start trying to better my diet, this is not the first time, I do really well at first usually. Then I get tired of salad, oranges, strawberries, carrots, and broccoli, because I try to eat more veggies to be fuller on fewer calories.... then I fall off the band wagon because I really just dislike veggies. A tomato is so lovely but tastes wretched and the texture, don’t get me started. Squash are interesting, but gross. These are the problems I have with many many a veggie, I try them time and time again wanting to like them, wanting a larger spectrum to choose from to be healthy.

What else can I do to not get bored with my food, and/or have more healthy choices all around?

Replies

• alofay
    alofay Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say that I have a solution for you as far as food options that are low cal that are not fruits and veggies but I don't think I'm that creative! lol I am not the biggest veggie fan in the world either but, I LOVE THEM because of their low cal nature. I feel like no other food is gonna heap my plate like a good bag of steamed veggies. More bang for your buck i suppose. My biggest thing with them is that I have to spice them up in different ways. I use vinegar, lemon, spray butter, hot sauces etc to change up the flavors and that seems to satisfy someone like me who is easily bored! It truly is just a mind game.
  • kchrost1
    Options
    i really hated veggies too i could go for days with out eating them but that definitely changed when i married my husband who loves veggies. a definite way to make them more palatable is to find different ways to prepare them. i found that roasting veggies makes a huge difference. two of my now favorite foods are asparagus and brussels sprouts. i know brussels sprouts have a terrible rep but its because when they are over cooked (as they usually are) they smell and taste terrible. try roasting these veggies with a little (tablespoon) olive oil and some balsamic vinegar and kosher salt. i like to add a little crumbled bacon to the brussels sprouts (yum! but a little goes a long way). another way is to replace more nutrient rich veggies for the ones you all ready eat. i use spinach now instead of regular lettuce on sandwiches and in salads. even though i like veggies more now than ever but if i tried to eat salad and fruit all day i would go crazy. to not get bored try going to the store and picking something you may not usually try and then look up new ways to prepare it.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I hate most veggies too. I rarely eat any at all. Or fruit. For me so far that has meant switching to more proteins and less junk, but also exercise. Lots of exercise, so I can have sugar when I want it. I also take a multivitamin because I know my diet isn't balanced.