Need Help!!!!! SOS

Options
I am in need of some advice! The past few weeks, I have been going over my weekly goal of exercise by double. i have been losing 4 pounds per week, even though my goal is set for 2 lbs per week. This past week, I weighed on Saturday at 230.5. I exercised my butt off sunday and monday, but Tuesday I weighed in at 232!!!! I did not log it, but I am discouraged because I have been working hard and staying well under my calories. Any advice is much appreciated! Oh, I consequently changed my goals to 1.5 pounds per week, which increased my calories a bit. I have been at 1200 for almost 3 months, so I thought maybe an increase in cals is what my body might need! What do you all think?

Replies

• Speedtrap
    Options
    So I just want you to relax for a min. you are stressing out over 1.5 lbs

Most scales are not very accurate and there are so many factors that can affect weight.
    Just relax, continue as you have and watch to see that the weight keeps comming off.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! :drinker:
  • mcovillion
    Options
    did u weigh yourself at a different time of day? is it that time of the month? lots of factors involved. i went up a pound too after doing great with food and exercise but it came back off and then some. don't stress over such a small amount.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why you are upset about this.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Have you measured yourself? Don't fret, it will happen.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. More than likely water weight. It'll come back off. I do agree with you though, you should probably up your calories :)
  • cathyvice
    cathyvice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can relate to what you are sayin I myself weighed in today and didnt hit my mark of 2 lbs per week, but like everyone is saying there are so many factors with the weigh in. That I am sure next weigh in we will see more. Keep up the good work
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Couldn't hurt to see a doctor.
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    Do you otherwise feel good?
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You mention that you are staying "well under your calories". Are you eating your exercise calories?

I am certainly no expert, but based on your comments I suspect that you are not eating enough. This is not necessarily a good approach - your daily calorie goal has already taken your projected weight loss into consideration. Much better to eat your calories.

Are you drinking your water? Have you taken any body measurements? It may be a good idea to see whether those are also changing. The scales are not the only way of measuring progress.

All the best ...
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    There is a possibility that increasing your cals (by decreasing the amount of weight loss per week) had something to do with it. As you're consuming more calories than you were used to.

Overall though, don't sweat it. If you're having a stressful time right now...or it's that TOM, that could affect your weight (I know it does for me). Just keep doing what you're doing! :)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    might've just been water weight...

Plus 1200 (if that's all you've been eating) is NOT ENOUGH! I stick anywhere from 1700-2000 calories a day, exercise 6-7days a week for 1-2 hours - I've lost almost 100 pounds since January 1 -- so try eating more?!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    How long have you been sustaining this 4 lb per week loss?
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Sounds serious. Def see a doc.
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    Your body may be just adjusting to the increased calories. And 4 lb per week isn't really healthy. Relax and weigh again next week.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Are you doing this without dietary supplements (Phentermine)? Do you still have all of your appendages in tact?
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Did you get a hold of some prego lady's urine????
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    What part of your cycle are you in? I always bounce up several pounds before menstruation.

Or, if you worked out even more than usual over the last day or two, it may be that your muscles are storing extra glycogen.

Or if you have eaten foods that cause inflammation in your body, you could have swollen tissues that are storing more water.

Or did you eat more sodium than usual?

Finally, if you are fighting a virus - cold or flu for example - you may also bounce up a few pounds.

All of these possibilities are just water weight. Make sure you're getting enough to drink and don't get discouraged and overeat to comfort yourself, and the pounds will disappear again in a day or two. A sudden weight gain overnight is not fat gain, it is water weight for one reason or another.

Pam
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Are you doing this without dietary supplements (Phentermine)? Do you still have all of your appendages in tact?

I drink 10 cups of water per day, and I am not using any dietary supplements. I do have all my appendages in tact, lol!
  • FinerthanB433
    Options

For the past month, since I have been burning 5000 calories per week and eating 1200 cals a day. I have been doing that intentionally to speed up my weight loss