I'm good in the morning, and then...

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm finding that I'm really on top of it by inputting everything I consume for breakfast and lunch early in the daytime, but come dinnertime, I completely fall off the wagon. Is this me just being lame, or does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you being lame. If you want "it" bad enough it takes time and dedication. You have to be accountable.
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Try to find the time and energy in the evening , "As if you dont log properly and cositently your only doing yourself an injustice"
  • seizureffect
    Options
    Hi!

Thanks for the reply :D I have no problem being accountable, I guess I just find it difficult to input everything when I'm making dinner. It's easy to scan a SmartOne box for lunch, but then when I want to make dinner, I'm getting frustrated with trying to figure out exactly how much the size chicken breast is going to account for and things like that. And if I make a prepared side, like say, rice, do I go with the calories on the rice packet, or do I go with how much of each ingredient I used in making the dish as a whole. After working and going to school & clinicals, I just want to sit down and eat and breathe!
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Take control of your eating habits. Don't let your eating habits control you.
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm trying to log out my entire day and change it when I don't follow it. I worked before, then I stopped, the nibbling started and the weight stayed the same.

My new focus? Not just popping food into my mouth. I have to "write it BEFORE I bite it." Because I'm lazy, I usually just put the cookie down.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If you find you're better in the mornings, why not sit down first thing and plan your meals for the day? That way it's already done. I do mine the night before usually, after the baby is in bed and I have time to myself.
  • dronette
    Options
    I have definitely had this problem in the past!!! I find that I do best when I plan early in the day what I am going to have for dinner. It also really helps me when I already have something prepared, so I don't have to make any decisions when dinner time comes around.
  • cheermom614
    Options
    If you eat the same things for dinner often be sure to save it in "My Meals" so you can just recall it when you need it. Also try to set aside time and plan menusin advance. I have a very active and busy family and it helps not only my calorie counting but our crazy schedules to have a meal plan ready. It makes grocery shopping easier too and you are less likely to splurge on the unhealthy things if you have a menu and a plan. :)
  • PeggySueK
    PeggySueK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ask others in the house to help you out. Enter your dinner info while thing are cooking. Seeing the amount of calories that I am eating at dinner and if I have any remaining calories, helps me to walk away from the table or don't take as much of the high calorie food. Knowledge is power for you to make good decisions.
  • seizureffect
    Options
    You guys are great! Glad to know I'm not just being lame; I appreciate the advice. I like the "write it before you bite it" bit. Thanks everyone! <3
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How about scribbling it down on the piece of paper & inputing it into MFP just before you go to sleep?
    Also - I don't believe in all that weighting & calculating the exact calories in your meal (frankly - I don't really have time for it) - why won't you just find in the database something that looks like the closest match to what you've just eaten or planning to eat?
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm finding that I'm really on top of it by inputting everything I consume for breakfast and lunch early in the daytime, but come dinnertime, I completely fall off the wagon. Is this me just being lame, or does anyone else have this problem?

Try planning your dinner in the morning & logging it then. Good luck.
  • bllangston
    Options
    I have the same problem. You are not alone. I agree with everyone about the accountability. We tend to let outside forces control us. You have to focus and figure out what it is that makes you lose that focus. I am trying to do the same thing.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    How about scribbling it down on the piece of paper & inputing it into MFP just before you go to sleep?
    Also - I don't believe in all that weighting & calculating the exact calories in your meal (frankly - I don't really have time for it) - why won't you just find in the database something that looks like the closest match to what you've just eaten or planning to eat?

Yep - same here. I'm from New Zealand so I have to estimate food a lot as it's often not listed in the database. And it's fine. Do your best to be honest and if in doubt, over estimate food and under estimate exercise.

Weigh a few things now and then to check your portion sizes (you'd be surprised, sometimes). Keep a set of cup measures and spoon measures out and use them routinely for cooking. Meat is easy 'cos it says on the package how heavy it is.

Generally - chill out a bit. It's much better to log more-or-less than not log at all!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You've got to get your home made recipes entered in your recipe section so you don't have to add them over and over :)
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I log the night before, so much easier to stay on track.
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Yep - same here. I'm from New Zealand so I have to estimate food a lot as it's often not listed in the database. And it's fine. Do your best to be honest and if in doubt, over estimate food and under estimate exercise.

Weigh a few things now and then to check your portion sizes (you'd be surprised, sometimes). Keep a set of cup measures and spoon measures out and use them routinely for cooking. Meat is easy 'cos it says on the package how heavy it is.

Generally - chill out a bit. It's much better to log more-or-less than not log at all!

Exactly all of the above!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale. It simplifies the whole process
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I log my breakfast and lunch before I leave for work in the morning, before I eat at all. That way it's in and I don't have to do anything again until dinner, so it seems like less logging. Today I made a gorgeous salad, but didn't have time to log it all, so I jotted all the weights on my ingredients on a piece of paper and put them in today when I got home. Sometimes I'm lazy and don't enter my dinner, but only when I know I am within my calories with whatever I make.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    B, L, D, I am perfect...sun hits horizon..and im like a wild beast looking for meat.