Need Help!!!!! SOS

Options
2»

Replies

• FinerthanB433
    Options
    So I just want you to relax for a min. you are stressing out over 1.5 lbs

Most scales are not very accurate and there are so many factors that can affect weight.
    Just relax, continue as you have and watch to see that the weight keeps comming off.

Thank you for your advice! Very practical and makes a lot of sense. when I hear you sya it, I guess I do sound kind of "crazy" to obsess over 1.5 pounds. it's just that I want to be at 215 by my 33rd birthday on Feb 8. 2012!
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    did u weigh yourself at a different time of day? is it that time of the month? lots of factors involved. i went up a pound too after doing great with food and exercise but it came back off and then some. don't stress over such a small amount.

You are right, thanks!
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    I can relate to what you are sayin I myself weighed in today and didnt hit my mark of 2 lbs per week, but like everyone is saying there are so many factors with the weigh in. That I am sure next weigh in we will see more. Keep up the good work

Thanks so much for your encouragement!
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    Do you otherwise feel good?

Yes, I feel great, except that I have been getting dizzy for the past week.
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    What part of your cycle are you in? I always bounce up several pounds before menstruation.

Or, if you worked out even more than usual over the last day or two, it may be that your muscles are storing extra glycogen.

Or if you have eaten foods that cause inflammation in your body, you could have swollen tissues that are storing more water.

Or did you eat more sodium than usual?

Finally, if you are fighting a virus - cold or flu for example - you may also bounce up a few pounds.

All of these possibilities are just water weight. Make sure you're getting enough to drink and don't get discouraged and overeat to comfort yourself, and the pounds will disappear again in a day or two. A sudden weight gain overnight is not fat gain, it is water weight for one reason or another.

Pam

Good advice, thank you!
  • hmb163
    Options
    Just relax and breath...It might be water weight since you have changed your goals is all plus what time of day have you been weighing yourself? Different times of the day could be the reason why unless you weigh yourself right after you get up in the morning because its the best time because you haven't drank or ate anything yet..Hope this helps if not message me more details and I can try to help ya figure this thing out
  • hmb163
    Options
    Just relax and breath...It might be water weight since you have changed your goals is all plus what time of day have you been weighing yourself? Different times of the day could be the reason why unless you weigh yourself right after you get up in the morning because its the best time because you haven't drank or ate anything yet..Hope this helps if not message me more details and I can try to help ya figure this thing out
  • ysherry
    ysherry Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing GREAT don't stress. Remember muscle weighs more than fat!:happy:
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    Do you otherwise feel good?

Yes, I feel great, except that I have been getting dizzy for the past week.

I'd be worried about this. I saw you said you're burning 5000 calories and eating 1200 calories. If you're getting dizzy, you probably need more calories than that. Fast weight loss is not always better. You need to properly fuel your body.

Edit to the poster above me. Muscle does not weigh more than fat and she is not gaining muscle eating 1200 calories.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Going to have to go with what others have said! Eat More...

Also 10 cups of water is not enough. Take your weight divide it by 2- that is how many Ozs you need. Take that number and divide by 8. That will give you the cups.

If you are working out that much you need a lot more water.

Dizzy=not enough fuel in the engine.

You are doing great and you will continue to do great if you start eatting more....I cannot see your diary so its hard to see where you are lacking. if you are only eatting 1200 calories and not eatting back your exercise calories then you are not eatting enough. You should be netting 1200 calories per day!

I have lost over 80 pounds and when I started eatting more and of course picking the right foods to eat....that is when I started to lose weight!

Don't worry about an increase...we all have them! I weigh in once per week and always the same day and same time......

Best of Luck! Don't worry!!!!
  • suzancarroll
    Options
    If you are getting dizzy maybe your body is telling you that you may be doing too much. I know you want to loose the weight quickly, so do I . I was exercising and working like crazy and started to feel the effects. I slowed down on the exercise and I still lost 2lbs this week. Maybe your body just needs some time to adjust. Be healthy, you will get there.:noway:
  • samatalma
    Options
    4 lbs a week is not healthy IMHO.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Remember muscle weighs more than fat!:happy:
    Um, that is not true.