bulking and left over calories

Options
for those of you bulking......... if you have alot of calories left for the day but are not hungry do you still eat to get your calories in for the day or just stay under for the day?

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    EAT!

I know the amount of calories I need to grow & if my current goal is to grow then they have to be eaten!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I pay more attention to weekly average. Like this week I've been under a couple days but I'm pretty sure I'll be over either tomorrow or Friday so it all evens out.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I got the idea of eating peanut butter to hit a calorie goal from this site :)

One spoon full will set you back a fair bit and it's yummo!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I pay more attention to weekly average. Like this week I've been under a couple days but I'm pretty sure I'll be over either tomorrow or Friday so it all evens out.

I've always wondered if when bulking you could do a weekly avg. instead of daily.....
  • OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

I've always wondered if when bulking you could do a weekly avg. instead of daily.....

Definitely can. Our bodies don't work on 24hr clocks, it's just easiest for us to record it like that.

I have high & low days but if the total for the week is above TDEE then I gain weight.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    are not hungry

Does not compute.

But, I've pushed my feed window too late before (I.F.) and opted to sleep.

You can eat more calorie dense foods or you can roll the extra calories to the next day and cover it there.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    Double post. Plop.
  • danikat11
    Options
    is it bad if you never hit you goal. I mean im really overweight and i have been eating a lot of food but really healthy food and mostly vegetables. I am always under now. I have a BMI of 57. do i really need to worry about calories in?
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    is it bad if you never hit you goal. I mean im really overweight and i have been eating a lot of food but really healthy food and mostly vegetables. I am always under now. I have a BMI of 57. do i really need to worry about calories in?

I think in your specific case the question is too vague to answer accurately. You should count calories and you should eat at a moderate calorie deficit. Beyond that, specific info would be necessary.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    Im still trying to trim so I try to leave a few
  • Rae6503
    Options

Definitely can. Our bodies don't work on 24hr clocks, it's just easiest for us to record it like that.

I have high & low days but if the total for the week is above TDEE then I gain weight.

Last week I had a day over 4500 but still managed to get my average back down to where I wanted it to be (2800).
  • Rae6503
    Options

The original poster is trying to gain muscle, eating at a surplus, so yeah it's much different than someone who is trying to lose.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

Last week I had a day over 4500 but still managed to get my average back down to where I wanted it to be (2800).

Sweeeeet.....
  • danikat11
    Options
    right on thanks guys.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    for those of you bulking......... if you have alot of calories left for the day but are not hungry do you still eat to get your calories in for the day or just stay under for the day?

i'm not sure you understand the concept of bulking, in the past you stated you burn on avg around 2700 cals, yet you have your cal goal around 2550 and are consistently under that. if you wanted to bulk you should be eating at least 3000 cals a day. Eating in a consistent deficit is not bulking
  • Rae6503
    Options

i'm not sure you understand the concept of bulking, in the past you stated you burn on avg around 2700 cals, yet you have your cal goal around 2550 and are consistently under that. if you wanted to bulk you should be eating at least 3000 cals a day. Eating in a consistent deficit is not bulking

She's stated that she's already gaining on what she is eating. I'm guessing the 2700 isn't correct (although I do remember her saying that her body media thingy said that). My maintenance, as a larger 150lb woman, is about 2250, so 2700 would be really high (unless she's burning 500+ in cardio).