eating disorder help

Options
for this past month this has been going on and i dont know if and what type of eating disorder i have
i know there is something wrong here

ok

so

i eat really early in the morning like at 5 and when i do it i feel out of control but i feel ok, and then i feel horribly guilty

i basically eat lunch and breakfast at the same time and lately its been more and more

im on an eating plan since i am a recovering anorexic and i have items. but lately it seems like i keep moving the items to the morning and i feel out of control.

so the rest of the day i dont eat anything except drink coffee or i eat my remaining items later,
and i feel sooo guilty for this and i dont know what to do.

i know im not over eating because i make sure i only eat the items on my meal plan. im a healthy weight, i just seem to eat the bulk of my daily items in the morning

i just dont know what to do. i dont want to be hospitalized but i feel out of control. does anyone have any idea what type of eating disorder this is and how i can get help and anyways i can help myself?:cry:

Replies

• blueberrybox
    Options
    for this past month this has been going on and i dont know if and what type of eating disorder i have
    i know there is something wrong here

ok

so

i eat really early in the morning like at 5 and when i do it i feel out of control but i feel ok, and then i feel horribly guilty

i basically eat lunch and breakfast at the same time and lately its been more and more

im on an eating plan since i am a recovering anorexic and i have items. but lately it seems like i keep moving the items to the morning and i feel out of control.

so the rest of the day i dont eat anything except drink coffee or i eat my remaining items later,
    and i feel sooo guilty for this and i dont know what to do.

i know im not over eating because i make sure i only eat the items on my meal plan. im a healthy weight, i just seem to eat the bulk of my daily items in the morning

i just dont know what to do. i dont want to be hospitalized but i feel out of control. does anyone have any idea what type of eating disorder this is and how i can get help and anyways i can help myself?:cry:
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi there,

I am not a professional counselor, but as a professional ballerina in my younger days I was around a lot of girls with eating disorders, and I learned a lot from them. I used that experience to become a peer counselor for women struggling with health, sex, and body image issues while I was in college. So hopefully I can at least provide some advice and support for you.

First of all, I give you a lot of credit for working toward overcoming the anorexia and getting yourself to a) a healthy weight and b) on a healthy meal plan. I know how difficult just getting to that stage is.

I don't think you have a new eating disorder, I just think you have some remaining issues from your past struggles to continue to work on. Anorexics have a very negative relationship with food - it can induce guilt within you worse than anything or anyone else could ever do. It makes you feel weak, which is why you let yourself overeat -- and also why you overcorrect by not eating for the rest of the day in an effort to regain control.

You have to retrain your brain to think of food in a positive way. The foods you are eating now are healthy, and give you the fuel you NEED to do the things you need to do. Good foods make your skin glow, your hair shine, your eyes sparkle, and provide you with the energy to exercise, to laugh, to play with friends and family, and to do whatever it is you want to do with life. You have to turn food into a friend instead of an enemy. Food is fuel -- and if you use it right it will make you your best you physically and mentally.

Now, I know that's not an instant change. I recommend journaling how you feel when you eat, why different foods cause different reactions when you eat them, why you can't stop yourself when you feel you are eating too much. I also recommend putting your food into pre-set portions the day before so that it's easier to stop at the right spot.

I don't think you will need to be hospitalized, although I understand that fear. I would, however, recommend finding a counselor, either in person or on a helpline, to talk to about this further. It truly is a long battle to completely overcome an eating disorder, and you're doing great so far -- don't let this discourage you.

I hope I've helped!
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling in control of your eating habits. Firstly I would say that its a good thing that you recognise you have a problem, it means you know you need help. However, I don't think we are the best people to advise you. You need to make an appointment to see your doctor and/or counsellor as soon as you can and explain to them what you have told up here. You know you need help and your doctor or counsellor are the best people to help you. Best of luck and hang in there. Erika x
  • Petunia_K
    Petunia_K Posts: 35
    Options
    I love the beautiful message from Soxygirl and I agree with her 100%. Many years ago I struggled with much of what you are talking about. To be able to change your relationship with food is key and to work past the guilt and anxiety is certainly what you are shooting for. Journaling is a great idea and I also so strongly suggest a counselor on this one. Do you have someone you trust who has helped you out in the past? Someone who knows you and your journey can help you get past this bump in the road. Good luck, and allow yourself some peace in the fact that you are Not out of control, you are reaching out and you are strong enough to get through this. :flowerforyou:
  • blum0133
    blum0133 Posts: 88
    Options
    I agree with what the other two ladies have said. None of us are experts. I would like to say though that I just finished taking a counseling psychology course and learned that counselers really can be a wonderful aid in gaining more insight into struggles. I would recommend seeing one because they really can help you learn about yourself and how to constructively deal with your struggles.
  • OliveBranch
    OliveBranch Posts: 104
    Options
    I fully agree with Erikazj. I've dealt with those issues many years ago, and it takes a very long time to overcome for most people. However, I believe it's best to take advice from your dietitian and your doctor at this point, especially considering the severity.
    Support is a beautiful thing and very necessary for healing. That's what we're here to do.
    I feel like anyone telling you what kind of relationship you "SHOULD" have with food or tools to try might only exacerbate your feelings of frustration and anger, as you have much healing to do before you can have a "normal" relationship with food (I say this in quotes because it's all relative and open to interpretation).
    A thought: perhaps this environment (MFP) is making your preoccupation with food worse for you?
    I fully encourage you to adopt healthy eating and regular exercise, but I just remember when I was in the recovery stages that logging food and being preoccupied with calories and such can be counterproductive or even dangerous.
    Focus on getting healthy, and MFP will always be here to support you.
    Everything will be okay. We're here with you!
    -OB
  • blueberrybox
    Options
    thanks so much everyone. i have an appointment for a nutritionist this week so hopefully things will get better.
  • blum0133
    blum0133 Posts: 88
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    thanks so much everyone. i have an appointment for a nutritionist this week so hopefully things will get better.

I hope your appointment goes well.
    :flowerforyou:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Good luck x
  • Petunia_K
    Petunia_K Posts: 35
    Options
    Great! One on one help is definitely a smart idea. I agree with Olivebranch about the things that may exascerbate things. Good luck :flowerforyou: