Sizzlin Summer Slimdown 5-11-09

Options
Hi Guys,

I don't think i've ever started before, but wanted to since my day i am sure will get super busy here soon. I have not been doing great. Lots of issues going on in my life right now. I was not able to weigh this morning, but I will tomorrow. My weekend wasn't the greatest either, but my mom and I have made a promise together to get Healthy. She joined my Gym on Saturday so maybe I will get there more with a buddy! :smile: Hope everyone is doing well on this challenge!

Replies

• ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I don't think i've ever started before, but wanted to since my day i am sure will get super busy here soon. I have not been doing great. Lots of issues going on in my life right now. I was not able to weigh this morning, but I will tomorrow. My weekend wasn't the greatest either, but my mom and I have made a promise together to get Healthy. She joined my Gym on Saturday so maybe I will get there more with a buddy! :smile: Hope everyone is doing well on this challenge!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Mornin' Ness

I am STILL STUCK ON THIS STUPID PLATEAU :explode:
    I don't know what to do . I have changed my workout and been better about my food choices, but I know I still have a lot of room for improvment. I enjoy the workout part but the food choices are my down fall.
    The journey continues I just hope I do not stray off the trail.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Smadag-how many calories are you eating? When I was below 1200 as a net due to exercise about 50% of the time, I didn't lose - I had to add calories and now I am losing again.....I try to at least 1380 a day....don't stray - you've got to feel better eating better and exercising - just remember that...

ness-that's awesome that you've motivated your mom.

I sort of rested yesterday - I walked for 1h 15m - moderate pace - nothing too fast....I had to walk off some of my mother's day carrabba's meal....

Finished week 1 of couch to 5k on friday, worked in my mom's flower beds all morning saturday - she had let them over grow for 2 years - imagine me out there with a mad**** and shovel....what a site.. cut back, planted and replanted stuff - looks so much better - it was her mother's day gift from me....then I decided to push mow my entire lawn - 1/2 acre - nice workout....BUT the backs of my thighs are still hurting from all the bending over into the flower beds....will do day one week 2 today....

today will be day 20 of 30.....
  • ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    Mornin' Ness

I am STILL STUCK ON THIS STUPID PLATEAU :explode:
    I don't know what to do . I have changed my workout and been better about my food choices, but I know I still have a lot of room for improvment. I enjoy the workout part but the food choices are my down fall.
    The journey continues I just hope I do not stray off the trail.

Keep working at it. Right now I kind of feel the same way to be honest, but this is what I was talking to my mom about last night....Yes it is getting the weight off and that is what we all mainly look for...how much weight we want to lose or how much we have lost. I think we need to start thinking about how we need to be more HEALTHY for our hearts etc. Getting those work outs in even when the weight is SLOW comming off is still sooo important for our bodies. Weight is nice to see come off...and in my case it needs to!...but i'm trying to look at this whole thing with new eyes. Hope that gives you a little encouragement!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am set up to eat about 1430 in calories,then my workouts on top of that. Part of my problem is somedays without ecercise I would not have any calories for dinner because of my breakfast and lunch choices.
    Some weeks I will do 5-6 workouts and some weeks I struggle to get 3-4. I just wish I was more dilligant and would stick with it better.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies.

Great work Chrissy - you're rockin' it!
    Ness - i'm glad you're still here and stickin' with it even in moments of stress and frustration. So glad your mom joined with you! Mine did too but is now waiting for a surgical procedure and can't exercise with me until she's recovered. Her surgery is another 5 weeks away! :sad: Anyway, best wishes to you and your mom. Keep doin what you're doin!
    Smadag - Hang in there. You're still here and even if you only work out 3-4 times a week, it's better than NOTHING at all! Remember, slow and steady wins the race! I've been at the same weight for the past 4 or 5 weeks. I know that it's frustrating, but you can do it!

Well, I just began my new part time job - and worked between 8-10 hrs on both Saturday and Sunday (standing and walking around and lifting things) so I definitely was not able to get any workouts in. Not to mention the fact that my car is currently out of commission. A blinking check engine light is keeping me from driving it and I'm not sure what is wrong with it. It's old and on it's last leg - so we shall see what happens. Here's to healthy eating and exercise this week. Just a few more weeks for this challenge...and less than 4 weeks till my friend's wedding!!!! :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    smagdag - hmmmm....running out of calories - really look at the choices you're making - there's got to be some substitutions you could make....maybe if you're stuck on like a latte in the mornings which can add up to about 300 calories - drink it every other day - don't make it taboo jut not a daily thing....if you've got something you have to have eat half of what you normally would - chew slower and enjoy that half....

don't give up - you'll be ok!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Chrissyh you are sooooo right I need to break my morning habbit if I am going to do this. I need to start eating at home instead of stopping for a biscuit in the morning (dumb me). You are really good at opening my eye to this stuff thanks.:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    OOOOHHHH the biscuit habit - I had that too....you could switch to an english muffin with the same insides as you choose for the biscuit....I use to stop every morning and get a biscuit and gravy with side of sausage or bacon biscuit and sweet tea - haven't had any of them in months....I will steal a bit from my husband but I realize it makes me sick to my stomach to eat it now.....slowly wean yourself - everytime you skip the bisuit pat yourself on the back!

If sausage is your thing try turkey sausage
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    good afternoon all- had a crazy morning at work! whew!

i didnt weigh this Am cause i switched my weigh ins to wednesdays. i've been doing well with exercise and making it in under cals- we will see what the scale brings this week!

still going crazy packing and preparing for the move- plus i found out some bad news about my g'ma today and we might lose her in the next few days... please thing sane and hopeful prayers for my family. :flowerforyou:

hang in there everyone!