Do you believe that celery is a negative calorie food?

Options
I have heard it over and over and even read a list of negative calorie vegetables. There is research on it both ways. It says 10 calories a stalk on my fitness pal. Just would like to here your insight on this........

Replies

• ljcatch22
    ljcatch22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It definitely has calories, it just supposedly takes more to eat it and digest it. I'll buy that it ultimately equals negative calories. And if not, at least it's good for you. :)
  • camillehardeman
    Options
    No, everything has calories! And yes from what I understand the calories burnt in digesting it make the calories negative (or at least neutral) but I always count the calories for that (and others). And hey, more calories burned than you count=more results!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    No.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    true but its full of sodium
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No such thing.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    The only negative calories are the ones that we don't eat. :bigsmile:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy eat an airplane on tv one time.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy eat an airplane on tv one time.

Geesh. Hungry guy. How many calories, offhand, d'you thinks in an airplane? I mean, a person aircraft would be less than, say, a passenger jet, no?
  • walkingsun89
    walkingsun89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I counted it, for sure. Just curious. I got my answer:

it just supposedly takes more to eat it and digest it. I'll buy that it ultimately equals negative calories. And if not, at least it's good for you. :)

Thanks a bunch............
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    The only negative calories are the ones that we don't eat. :bigsmile:

Which is fine by me, because celery is definitely not something I want on my plate.