What do you do with Kale?

Options
2»

Replies

• AJs_mommy09
    AJs_mommy09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    With Kale and Spinach, after I cook it (usually boil it) I throw it in a pan with some olive oil, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Slice a chicken breast to form a pocket. Stuff veggies in the pocket. Season with Italian seasonings and bake at 350 until done. Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese and put it back in the oven until melted. YUMMMM!!!
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    We love this soup. I spice it up with a couple of spoons of "Sriracha". http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/kale_and_roasted_vegetable_soup/
  • re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Anything you don't use goes in the freezer and you can use it again when you need it. Kale does really well in the freezer.

I didn't know that! That's a great tip!

I just started experimenting with it as well. I find I don't like it raw in salads. Too tough. But I've been chopping it up into my soups, chili and pasta sauces.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Boil it and eat with vinegar
  • ColettaMooney
    Options
    so do I :-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Kale is very versatile. You can eat it raw in a salad or on a sandwich or wrap instead of lettuce. It is great when steamed or sauted in olive oil with garlic and cooks in just minutes. It's also very good chopped and added to sauces, stews and soups.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I put it in my green smoothies, but I have a vitamix, so I'm not sure how it would work with a normal blender. I like it with pineapple and oranges.
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    haha, i actually ave some in frig that i need to cook today. i just steam it (usually w/ some homemade no salt veggie stock instead of water) and squeeze lemon on it before serving. the trick it to cut leaves up small.
  • scubaruby
    scubaruby Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I buy it thinking it's good for me and I should like it, let it get all slimy in the vegetable bin, and then I feed it to my worms with all the other rotten vegetables. ;-)
  • mzkynd
    mzkynd Posts: 63
    Options
    I make a simple soup out of it, with Italian sausage, kale, red potatoes, chicken broth and a dash of cream. little bit of garlic and S&P.
  • http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=1151

I actually saw her make this on her show, and she used Kale instead of "escarole" and offered some variations...
    simple chopped bacon or ham (even leftover) instead of expensive "pancetta" and beef broth instead of chicken. I add whole wheat pasta (usually shells or penne) to it so my daughter will eat it too. (kids think anything's great with noodles, right?)

I always buy it fresh and where I live, its VERY inexpensive. Regular price is usually $0.99 a bunch, and often is on sale for $0.50!

and thanks for posting your question because until now, this was the only recipe I had for it. :)
  • vbeaulie
    Options
    i do juice kale,cucumber,apple (sweet) ,celeri, and apple juice
  • Catnyc123
    Catnyc123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    wow! thank you so much for all the great ideas!!! I cant wait to buy it when I go shopping. Im really loving the kale chips and soup recipes!!
    Awesome!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    bumping :)